Complaint Review: Sherry's Berry's

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By: bearyhot — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Sherry's Berry's

Sherry's Berry's Pro Flowers Internet deception, rip off, scam artists, exhorbitant shipping pricing, no refunds! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Shari's Berries Order

I saw an ad on TV for Sherry's Berries. They offered a 15% discount code to be applied at checkout. I went to the site and chose a $34.99 item.

Nowhere on the page did it give me a shipping charges option. I entered my credit card and like most sites, I thought that the next page would show me the cost of the item plus shipping charges and I would have an option to back out of the order if it was too expensive. The next page was not a shipping charges page, but a final charges page. It didn't tell me how much I was charged.

I went to my email and saw I was charged 59.99! I called the company to cancel my order. They would not cancel it. They gave me $6.00 which was the discount that was SUPPOSED to be applied at check out.

I'm very angry because they would not cancel my order even though I had just placed it. The shipping charges that weren't shown, were outrageous and I will be telling the world about this company and how they will not cancel an order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sherrys-Berrys/internet/Sherrys-Berrys-Pro-Flowers-Internet-deception-rip-off-scam-artists-exhorbitant-shippi-837888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sherry's Berry's

Shari's Berries Order

AUTHOR: Steve @ ProFlowers - (United States of America)

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with our online ordering process.  You were correct in thinking that the page subsequent to entering your credit card information would allow you to review the charges.  Indeed, that last page contains a full review of tallied charges, allows you to verify both the delivery and billing information one last time, as well as confirm the date of delivery and a second chance to input any discount codes.  This is all before you click the Submit Order button which finalizes your order and submits it to our database for fulfillment.

If you placed your order on Sunday the 12th when your review was written (or any time after the 6th), the same page displayed an advisory right next to the Submit Order button that warned that orders placed after February 8th could not be cancelled due to the high volume of orders.  Because of the staggering number of orders we were shipping for Valentine's Day, orders were being processed and printed almost immediately, and once the orders and shipping labels were printed, they would be in a stack among thousands awaiting hand-packing and there was no reasonable way to cancel them.

We are sorry that you were unhappy with our shipping price structure.  Our berries are hand packed, and an order submitted on Sunday the 12th for Valentine's Day would have had to be shipped overnight in order to make it on time.  Orders for any other day would have been still shipped using Two Day Express.  Both options incur an additional cost.  We understand that shipping adds expense to your order, and we work closely with our partners to minimize the amount that we have to pass on to our customers.  However, with the holiday as close as it was, those costs had risen.  We're confident that despite the shipping, we still offer very competitive prices, especially given the superior product that we deliver.  If you have further concerns, please give me a call at 866-526-9426.  -Steve