Complaint Review: Sherwood Automotive

• Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Tom McCarty — Lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
Sherwood Automotive
50 N El Mirage Rd Avondale, Arizona United States of America

Sherwood Automotive Korean Auto Imports, Auto Imports International BUYER BEWARE !!!! Bait & Switch Tactics !! Avondale , Arizona

*Author of original report: BUYERS BEWARE of Sherwood Automotive , Korean Auto Imports !!

*Author of original report: Acceptable Solution NOT provided by Sherwood

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Has Refused Solution

BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY !!!

I ordered this product based on the picture on this website.  I received the grille with a very poor quality black paint job.  Looks like a kid with a spray can painted it.

I contacted Customer Service ( that should not be the name for this dept and they advised that I need to pay to ship the defective painted grille back to them for them to repaint it.  Can you believe that.  I paid for shipping the
1st time when I ordered the part and now they want me to pay for shipping again.

This company is the WORST !!

Dont fall for their Bait & Switch tactics !!   They take your $$$ and dont deliver the product as advertised !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sherwood-Automotive/Avondale-Arizona-85323/Sherwood-Automotive-Korean-Auto-Imports-Auto-Imports-International-BUYER-BEWARE-Bait-1000773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sherwood Automotive

BUYERS BEWARE of Sherwood Automotive , Korean Auto Imports !!

AUTHOR: TURNER KIA IS HORRIBLE - (United States of America)

BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY !!!

I ordered a black painted front grill based on the picture on this website.
I received the grille with a very poor quality black paint job.  It looks like a kid with a spray can painted it.   I contacted Customer Service ( that should not be the name for this dept) and they advised that I need

Can you believe that ????  They screw up and want me to pay to ship it back to fix their
mistake !!!   I paid for shipping the 1st time when I ordered the part and now they want
me to pay for shipping again.  Totally UNETHICAL COMPANY !!

This company is the WORST !!

Acceptable Solution NOT provided by Sherwood

AUTHOR: TURNER KIA IS HORRIBLE - (United States of America)

To explain in more detail.   Sherwood Automotive dba Korean Auto Imports advertised their products with high quality photos to entice buyers of their products.  What they then deliver is not what is shown on their website.  I order a grill with black paint.  I received a grill that looked like a little kid used black spray paint.  It was horrible !!  I have pictures to prove it !!!   Sherwood's solution was to request that I PAY to ship the grill back to them.  How ridiculous is that !!   An ethical company would provide a prepaid shipping label to ship the product back to the company, repaint the grill so that it matches what they represent in the online pictures on their website, and then ship it back to the customer.  Situation resolved.

Instead they have had my full payment now for over a month, and I still do not have the quality grill I paid for.  I have requested on numerous occassions to speak with the owner of the company - James Sherwood.  I am told he is too busy !   James is too busy to correct a problem with a product he provides, and yet he is not too busy to collect my payment over a month ago.  A very unethical company, and all potential buyers should look elsewhere to avoid all the mess that I have gone through with Sherwood Automotive !

Customer Has Refused Solution

AUTHOR: Sherwood automotive - (U.S.A.)

The customer that has filed this complaint has been assisted with this issue by myself and the owner of the company themselves. As per our very clear company policies we do not offer a warrantly for painted items. However, we have acknowledged that the paint on the item sent to this customer is below standards. We have offered the customer the option to return the item to have re-painted(at our cost) and inspected by our Arizona location employees prior to re-shipment which we have also offered to pay for. The customer has refused this reasonable solution and has proceeded to continue and threaten the company. Not only has this person left several negative comments in our PRODUCT review section however he has claimed to be an experienced and worldly individual despite repeadtedly proving otherwise by using foul language and sending very disrespectful e-mails. We understand the item received is not pristine and have apologized for the inconvenience, the customer has refused our reasonable solution. Please also note that the customer did not pay for the item to be painted in the original transaction, had he paid for the paint supplied we would of course be willing to refund him this amount.