Complaint Review: Shift Insurance, LLC.

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Alabama
Shift Insurance, LLC.
5150 E Candlewood St 4B Lakewood, California USA

Shift Insurance, LLC. Ralph Locsin Ralph Locsin's Shift Insurance, LLC is the worst company ever! Lakewood California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Accusation

Shift Insurance, LLC? More like Shifty, sh!tty insurance, LLC. This is easily the worst company I have ever interacted with and an incredibly painful experience in every possible regard. I strongly, strongly, strongly warn you to stay as far away from these guys.

Allow me to elaborate.

I was in need of a new car insurance plan and I decided to google around to find a place. I used different review sites like Yelp! when making my decision. I came across Shift Insurance, LLC. And saw that while it only had a few reviews, they were all high and had a lot of positive things to say. Now I know that this company must require its employees to post fake reviews because there is no way that even six people could give this company a high rating.

My first call resulted in no answer. My second call resulted in no answer. Finally, on my third and final attempt, I got ahold of one of their “agents”. And by agent, they mean scammy, desperate salesperson who is so preoccupied with trying to upsell you on their different insurance packages that they practically miss three quarters of what you are saying. The guy would not take no for answer. He just kept pushing and pushing. This was my second warning (the first was the lack of response to my previous two calls). But, after being exhausted of researching insurance companies, I retained hope that once the initial barrage of sale pitches was over that my customer experience would increase.

I was dead wrong about that.

I should note that throughout that first call, the salesperson/insurance agent kept demanding to know what my budget was but wouldn’t tell me the prices of any of his offered packages. I should have appreciated this red flag and hung up right then and there. My guess is that they probably restructure the pricing of one plan based off of how much money they think a client/target has.

After the forty five minute all-out assault, the agent finally decided to transfer me to one of their other “specialists”.

This guy was better in the sense that he wasn’t trying to drive his pitches down my throat, but he was completely incompetent. I asked some basic questions about the coverage provided by my “personalized” package and he tried fumbling with long-winded, generic responses that were so off-topic that I had to stop him and simply ask if he actually knew what he was talking about. He became defensive and said he could transfer me to his manager and I excitedly said, “yes, please” with the belief that I would finally get to talk to someone who could help me.

Laughably, I was transferred back to the first guy who claimed to be the manager! He may actually be the client/account manager, but I couldn’t believe I had to deal with this shady car-salesman-type character again and listen to his total BS for a second time.

I had already invested so much time into this venture that even though I knew I probably wasn’t going to go with these guys for my insurance, I still wanted to talk to a higher level person to talk about my experience.

When the salesman-on-steroids stopped for a breather, I quickly interjected and told him that I wanted to speak to someone higher up in the company. He said that the only other person that was higher up than him was the CEO, Ralph Locsin. I asked to be transferred to him and the guy said he couldn’t do that and then began berating me for wasting their time and being a poor lead! I was dumbfounded. Stupefied. How could a business operate like this? How can it survive? They are comparable to an organized crime syndicate, only the mob would probably be better when it comes to dealing with other people and that is no exaggeration.

I listened to this guy’s complaints about me and then finally asked for the owner’s contact information and he gave me Ralph Locsin’s email. I then happily hung up the phone while the salesman-manager-belligerent person was mid-sentence about “another package that would better fit my budget concerns.”

To date, I have sent Ralph Locsin four emails explaining my frustration with the service and profit-framework at his company. Not surprisingly, I have not heard a single word from him. No doubt, his decrepit underlings probably wormed their way into his hear and gave him some BS about me being a bad lead or such.

I tried being as polite as possible, but that company knows how to evoke the most negative of emotions from an individual. If you want to continue having hope that people are basically good and that humanity’s future is not to be feared, then for the sake of your optimism, never even think about contacting these scoundrels. I have become a bitterer person and my skepticism of small-medium sized businesses exceeds that of my skepticism for large corporations.

I have tried researching more about this company and Ralph Locsin. I have found that they spend a lot of time and energy on trying to market themselves as a legitimate business that cares about its customers, but this is merely manipulative marketing. Ralph Locsin is either extremely unaware of what goes on at his company or rubberstamps this sort of behavior and sketchy profitability plans that cause a larger expense for clients than just the dollars they pay. Shift Insurance, LLC. needs to change or needs to get out of business.

Avoid, avoid, avoid! I have never felt compelled enough to write a negative review about a business, but Shift Insurance and Ralph Locsin are getting off easy with just this course of action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shift-Insurance-LLC/Lakewood-California-90712/Shift-Insurance-LLC-Ralph-Locsin-Ralph-Locsins-Shift-Insurance-LLC-is-the-worst-com-1066229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shift Insurance, LLC.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Accusation

AUTHOR: Raphael Locsin - ()

I am amazed that someone would file a phony complaint and damage a companies reputation just to make a quick buck. What is interesting about this complaint is it was reported by Anonymous from Alabama. Shift Insurance only provides services to the state of California.

I also recieved this email on 07/12/2013, one day after this phony complaint was filed, from a company tring to extort Shift Insurance:

Hi,   Shift Insurance, LLC.

Your company has a Ripoff Report in the first pages of Google search results and it might affect your online reputation. This is the link to that report:

People don't ask for character references anymore, they ask Google. And what Google shows people - accurate or not - is your reputation.

Bad search results can be a real problem.

Unfavorable search results influence how recruiters, insurance companies, loan officers, potential clients and business partners, and even romantic interests view you.

Why reputation matters

Misleading, inaccurate or negative links in your search results adversely affect the impression you make when people 'Google' you and can materially impact you or your business.

How we can help

Our reputation web-services help you look your best when others search for you by promoting accurate information and burying misleading materials.

We make it so people will only see good links about you when they search your name. We have an easy sign-up process and accept credit cards online.

Any business can afford our service starting from only $149 per month...

Don't let the internet scare off your customers! How many positive links do you have in first pages of Google? We can improve your image!

Is your online reputation worth $149 Per Month?

Visit: http://www.improveyourimage.org/

Toll free number: (888) 723-7162

Phone: (321) 327-9428

I work hard to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and am always willing to go the extra mile to address any and all comments or concerns. There is no reason for Shift Insurance to ignore or harass potential clients.