Complaint Review: Shiner's Car Wash

• Reported By: Scratched Up — Orlando Florida
Shiner's Car Wash
7300 S ORANGE BLOSSOM TR Orlando, Florida United States of America

Shiner's Car Wash Damage to Vehicle + Abuse by Managment Orlando, Florida

I recommend you avoid using Shiner's Car Wash, 7300 S Orange Blossom Trl Orlando, FL 32809. In March '13 I went thru the automated wash + noticed the side spinning brushes seemed imactful + harsh. I  was supposed to get a hand-drying but wanted to inspect my vehicle. I noticed new, deep scratches on my driver side in the area where the brushes had contacted.

I called over a staffer who was standing alone + not on the phone.She declined to come.I asked her agian. She came over w/ a scowl. I introduced myself +had my arm out to shake her hand. She just looked at it.I asked her if she was going to shake my hand. She said "I don't shake hands. What do you want?". I asked her name. She said "I'm the Manager". I asked her her name again.She hesitated + said "Sandra"

If you make the mistake of going there, she's the short, clinically obese, caucasian female in her 40's.

I showed her the damage.She said "Impossible. Not us" + walked away.I called her back. She came back as pouty as a 5yr old. I explained that I think the side brushes likely caught some grit or debris before my wash + scratched me up. She looked at an unrelated key scratch repair on the other side of the vehicle from 2 years ago + told me"See this? Same as your side. Your problem isn't us.It's that people don't like you." I aske dhe rfor a business card. She said they were out. Then a dryer said they were ready for me. Sandra said "I'll make them buff the scratches out, but that's something YOU should do..not us. It'll take 1/2 hr. "

Sandra yelled at the dryers "Make sure he only gets the basic package, nothing more that what he paid for !" As the dryers began their drying, Sandra saw me heading to the lobby. She rushed through the side enterance while I entered the front just in time to hear her tell the receptionist to hide the business cards. I came to the counter + looked for the cards, but they were already secreted away.

I returned to my ride ,took pics of the damge + began a phone call. Sandra rushed out + orderd them to stop detailing, to use their personal; cell phones to photograph my vehicle + she used her phone too. She barked at me "Since you wanna do it this way, we're not buffing anything !It's evidence!"

I announced I was leaving. A dryer was blocking my driver door + told me I can't leave until he finishes his pictures.I told the clown to move,got in + left. The Altamonte location said the owner of that location is in India on a sudden trip, but left his brother Sam in charge. They said they relayed my complaint to Sam + to expect his call w/in an hour. He never called. Over the next 2 weeks, several calls + messages were made to reach him. The coward never called.

I recontacted the Altamonte location + advised that my hands were tied, alternate remedies such as Ripoff Report must now be evoked unless I can speak to Sam or get his email. Altamonte said they'd check with Sam + call me back. They did + told me that Sam was expecting my call right now @ the O.B.T. location +gave me the #. When I called, Sandra told me Sam has been,and will be, out all day. I told Sandra she was a liar. I called Altamonte back + told them that I am done going this route, that it's time for stricter measures which has lead me to this,and coming,reviews. Shortly thereafter, a 3 way call was attempted to me from both locations. I purposely did not answer + no voice mail was left.

I feel that someone putting themselves in my situation can see I gave an unreasonable party a fair chance to make things right. If you value your paint job,don't risk it at Shiner's Car Wash on OBT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shiners-Car-Wash/Orlando-Florida-32809/Shiners-Car-Wash-Damage-to-Vehicle-Abuse-by-Managment-Orlando-Florida-1043176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shiner's Car Wash