Complaint Review: Shirley Katchmore

• Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: AMM=-) — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Shirley Katchmore
4050 Sunrise Drive Kannoplis, North Carolina United States of America

Shirley Katchmore Warrior Newfoundlands Dishonest. Breeds Mean Agressive Dogs. Kannoplis, North Carolina

*General Comment: Her Newfies are Wonderful

*Consumer Comment: Newfoundland Warriors-the best family dogs

*Consumer Comment: Untrue Report

*Consumer Comment: This report is not true. Shirley is a wonderful breeder.

*General Comment: COMPLETE BS by a puppy miller!!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: False and Horrible report against a honest,caring, dedicated breeder

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BS!

*Consumer Comment: Shirley Katchmore First Class Breeder

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Caring Breeder

*General Comment: False Report Written by Competitor

Please do not buy a dog from this breeder...Alot of other people have called me to tell me that they never got dogs they paid for nor did they get their money back.......Find another breeder......... Do not contribute to this.........Please do not buy any dogs from this breeder or her friends who also breed. She will take your money!  Or you could get a dog that will have issues later. Call the AKC to check for complaints against her. The dogs she breeds are mean and agressive!  Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shirley-Katchmore/Kannoplis-North-Carolina-28083/Shirley-Katchmore-Warrior-Newfoundlands-Dishonest-Breeds-Mean-Agressive-Dogs-Kannoplis-635963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shirley Katchmore

#1 General Comment

Her Newfies are Wonderful

AUTHOR: Lookingoutformykids - (U.S.A.)

We have a 10 month old Newfie that came from one of Shirl's males and he is by far the best dog we have ever had! We are looking into getting another one from Newfoundland Warriors for our baby to have a friend.

My husband and I think very highly of Shirl and the people she does business with. We will always recommed them to anyone looking for a happy healthy Newfie.

Newfoundland Warriors-the best family dogs

AUTHOR: Meera K, Durham, NC - (United States of America)

I am shocked at the original report. It sounds like the writer has not had personal experience with the breeder by the way it is written-all refers to hearsay. Not sure why someone would make things up like this.

Shirley loves her dogs dearly and takes enormous pride in breeding and raising the healthiest dogs-both physically and emotionally. We have 3 of her dogs in my extended family-one who has lived in my house for the past 6 years-and are looking to get a 2nd one for my household soon. The are truly gentle giants. Our Newfie from Newfoundland Warriors is so gentle, when I feed her she lets our kitty have the first few bites, and waits patiently until he is done.

Shirley is truly most interested in finding wonderful homes for her dogs even if it means she earns less money, so this criticism couldn't be further from the truth, in my personal experience. I recommend her dogs to anyone interested in adding a wonderful gentle giant dog to their home and their family.

Untrue Report

AUTHOR: CMO - (United States of America)

I know Shirley very well. I have been to her house multiple times, and have kenneled my beloved dogs with her, on several occasions. I have a Newfoundland from her, who is the picture of health. He is also a Canine Good Citizen and passed the Therapy Dog test (TDI). He does not have an aggressive bone in his body. I also know Shirley to be the most caring breeder out there. She feeds her dogs nothing but the best, and anyone can view the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals website and check all her dogs health clearances. They are most impressive, especially in a breed that is prone to orthopedic problems. Shirley's grounds are extremely clean, and her dogs are very well cared for.

This report is not true. Shirley is a wonderful breeder.

AUTHOR: Brooke & Alan - (United States of America)

This report is not true.  Shirley Katchmore is a dedicated, caring, and responsible breeder.  She takes the best care of her Newfoundlands.

We have known her about a year now.  We do not have a Newfoundland from her but we get our dog food through her and seek advice for our own dogs sometimes.

I have been inside of her home and she showed me around where her dogs are. She keeps a clean home for them.  She even has a pool for her dogs to swim in.

She is always grooming them.

We have been around her Newfoundlands and they are not mean or aggressive.  We have never seen any of her Newfoundlands be aggressive towards us or her at all.

Shirley feeds her Newfoundlands really well.

Shirley is very knowledgeable about canine nutrition and she has helped us by giving advice on feeding our dogs.  It has made us more knowledgeable and we thank her for that.

#5 General Comment

COMPLETE BS by a puppy miller!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Jan - (United States of America)

I have known Shirley for years. She does NOT have mean/aggressive dogs and the entire complaint about her is a lie.  She is a very reputable breeder unlike the person who posted this lie.

Don't believe me, go to her place. All the dogs are groomed, live in the home (as opposed to being contained in outside runs or kennels as some breeders do). These dogs go out in a large fenced yard with a pond to play. Aggressive NO, mean NO!

Shirl is very careful in her lines to protect the health of the breed. She has even imported dogs to preserve the health in her lines. Check out her website (newfwarriors.com). Every breeding dog has health clearances posted . That also includes heart tests.
Now go check out other breeders. Shirl has been breeding for over 20 years, every puppy has been heart cleared before going to its new home. She has NEVER produced a heart dog. How many other breeders of any breed come close to this?

This complaint was a scam and it is darn near impossible to remove it from this forum even if won in court. It is a sad day when anyone can post lies about a person and there is nothing that can be done.

As I said this complaint was posted by a puppy miller. It was revenge because she saw Shirley consoling a woman that has lost 2 young dogs due to the unhealthy lines this puppy miller breeds. That puppy buyer entered a complaint on ripoff reports using her initials. The puppy miller cut and pasted the exact wording, initials, and posted it against Shirley.

False and Horrible report against a honest,caring, dedicated breeder

AUTHOR: nancy - (United States of America)

After looking for over five years at various breeders including Shirley Katchmore I found that she posted more health results, including any failing results (so how can she be dishonest?) than any other breeder.  I then contacted Shirl and began a year long conversation regarding acquiring a Newfoundland from her.  Throughout that year Shirl was dedicated in teaching me about the breed to ensure that I understood the responsibility of owning a large breed dog.

Not only did I screen Shirl as a breeder she was very thorough in screening me and my family as a potential owner of one of her Newfies (including driving to do a home inspection).  Coming from a law enforcement back ground I have seen many back yard breeders who have no scruples in breeding dogs.

This is NOT Shirley Katchmore.  She is one of the most dedicated and caring breeders I know.  Her home (which I have visited numerous times) is clean and is a Newfie paradise.  Shirl would go without to do for her dogs and all of her dogs live in inside her home (no out door kennels).  Shirl is dedicated to feeding only the best food and was instrumental in showing me how to feed more nutritionally.

I was lucky enough to adopt one of Shirl's Newf puppies.  He is laid back, well mannered,  gentle, and loves everyone.  He is also very healthy.  He plays with my other dogs and cats.  Along with my five grandchildren ranging in age from eleven to five.

I plan one day to acquire another Newfie and when I do the only person I would consider getting another Newfie from would be Shirl.

Whoever wrote this report about Shirl does not know her or her breeding program. They have made horrible false allegations against her.

Also I have met several other people who own Shirl's Newfies and everyone is thrilled with their dogs.

As far as her taking your money.  Shirl was very up front regarding price and presented a crystal clear verbal and written contract.  I got much more than I paid for, my Newfie is priceless!

CHECK the AKC you will find no complaints against this breeder.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

BS!

AUTHOR: BAE - (United States of America)

I have never seen such BS on a "public" web-site.  I personally have visited this lady, have known her for years!  And, this is BS with a capital BS.  Her dogs have better care than any one I have ever met.  She is also the firmest breeder I have ever met when it comes to health.  Health is #1 - period!  Her dogs are very healthy and well cared for.  She spends 24/7/365 with all her dogs and to say these things are not only hurtful, but just plain wrong!  I don't know who or why, but Shirley and her dogs are NOT these allegations.  (I was really afraid to post here, since this site agreed to print this stuff to begin with!)

Shirley Katchmore First Class Breeder

AUTHOR: Ashley - (United States of America)

I personally have 3 dogs from Shirley Katchmore.  Their ages range from 4 to 8 years old.  I have never had any kind of health problems with them.  All 3 of my dogs are true to the Newfoundland Breed.  I have been to Shirley's house on several occasions and have seen nothing but grade A conditions for all of her dogs.  I encourage anyone to go and visit her home and her dogs.  You will see that all of her dogs are healthy and not one of them is aggressive.  I am fortunate to have found a breeder that cares so much about her dogs.

Excellent Caring Breeder

AUTHOR: Lynn - (United States of America)

Shirley Katchmore is one of the most dedicated and caring breeders of Newfoundlands that I know.  I have been to her home numerous times and each of her dogs are friendly, healthy, well adjusted, and intelligent.

If anyone would take the time to do a through check of this breeder they would see that this claim is entirely false.  Whoever wrote this is obviously very jealous of the work that Shirley does with this breed.  Check with AKC you will find no complaints against this breeder.  Her health clearances and owners of her dogs are displayed for all to see.

#10 General Comment

False Report Written by Competitor

AUTHOR: M. Hale-Smith - (United States of America)

It is sad that there are people out there who would stoop so low to sell their puppies that they would write such slanderous comments and try to ruin someones long-time GOOD reputation, all in the name of sales!  PLEASE PEOPLE DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

The libelous, slanderous, comments written about Shirley Katchmore are 100% false, and believed to be WRITTEN by the breeder of Tarbeary Kennels, otherwise known as Brandy Deines!

If you look at all the ripoff reports filed against Brandy (apparently from people shes sold dogs to) with the exception of young dead dogs and shipped a filthy puppy you will see that almost every word is copied identical and all summed up into one written against Shirley.

One author with the initials AMM purchased two Newfoundlands from Brandy Deines who are both dead and filed a complaint against Brandy Deines.  Brandy saw this person (AMM) talking with Shirley at a dog event about dog food and this apparently gave Brandy the idea to attack Shirleys reputation for fun using her former owners initials on this ripoff report website!

Shirley has NEVER had any dealings with Brandy Deines, Tarbeary Kennels, or her boyfriend James Lewis, nor ever would!!!   Nor has Shirley ever accepted any money were the family did not receive a happy, healthy, family companion dog.

The health and temperament of Shirleys Newfoundlands speaks for themselves and owners of her Newfs wouldn't come back for an additional 2nd and some even a 3rd if they weren't completely happy with their Newfoundlands, or Shirley.

And, I called the AKC, NEVER has there even been one complaint EVER against Shirley with the AKC.

If you dont mind being attacked with KISSES, feel free to make an appointment to go and visit with her Newfoundlands to see for yourself and dont be fooled by this competitor (if you want to call her that) and miss out on a sweet, healthy Newfoundland if you're even lucky enough to get one of Shirleys Newfs because she is very picky on who she approves for a home for her precious babies!