Complaint Review: Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi

• Updated: Sun, March 18, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — FREDERICKSBURG Virginia United States of America
Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi
3475 Jefferson Davis Highway FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia United States of America

Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi Kirk Slack Sold a car that never worked as advertised FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia

I do not normally take the time to write negative reviews for companies.  This one is very long and gets much worse towards the end, but I implore you to read it before spending your tens of thousands of dollars with this company.  The short version, is there service manager was verbally abusive, insulting, ad behaved highly suspiciously by refusing to provide documents that they admitted to having that would have solved this whole issue and cost them ZERO dollars.

I can understand, that sometimes things just go bad, people have bad days.  You can buy a brand new car and sometimes things break.  that is not what happened here.

Keep in mind, I purchased the best service contract they sold.

What I do not expect is a trackable pattern of faulty equipment.  Within a week of buying my Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser in the middle of 2010, things started to break.  First the battery died, and I was assured that that was normal, batteries just die sometimes so I paid for the battery and went about my day.  Then the sparkplugs died.  They fixed that one for free since it was the second thing in one month.

A cam sensor needed replaced cause the car wouldnt start.

Then it needed valve work, at this point I was already angry and they said okay, they'll do the valve work to make up for everything.  I'm placated, still angry that It breaks this much, but okay so they fixed it.  The AC was acting up but they assured us the way it shakes the whole car and nearly stalls it is normal, that's how the compressor works...

Then the first Tire pressure sensor goes, and Im told that it happens all the time.  Those parts are cheaply made and break. So we paid for the new tire, they replaced it, and another sensor in the car with it.  Air pressure light is still on.

We bring it back, they say its fixed.  Light stays off for a week or two, comes back on.

They replace another sensor, and said its the air temperature that makes that light come on.  It makes sense so we go on.  Temperatures even out,  we top off the tires, light stays off for a few days then comes on again.

We go back to the dealer.  They say its standard air pressure, the sensors are all good, they top off the tires and say good luck.  Light goes off.... for a day or two the its back on.  We call the dealership and they say theres nothing wrong with anything, they cant suggest any repairs, just keep an eye on the pressure ourselves.

The light is always on but we assume that the sensors are working, and ahve been told by our mechanic that we should just keep an eye on it.  We have at this point stopped trusting this mechanic so did not bring the car back to him.  My wife and I both do what we can but not being made of money there isn't much of a choice.

Until we take it to an independent shop to get four new tires.  One of them is flat within 24 hours and we take it back confused.  They pop it off and look and turns out, the Tire pressure sensor is clearly and visibly broken.  They had to cut it off from the wheel .  Concerned it was there own fault they offer to pay for everything. When they look at it more, they say that they will put in writing that the sensor was not properly installed.  They still offer to pay for everything so have no reason to mislead me.

I take this and go back to the dealer with the evidence in hand, of a faulty installed sensor, that they stated was working perfectly.  This is where everything went bad.

Once I got there, they assured me it could not have been what the other company said.  Impossible.  Clearly their too bad at their jobs. (his words, he said no one who makes 12 dollars an hour knows what they are doing)  Then he tells me that clearly I just want to fight, that I enjoy spending my days off arguing with him for a handout. That I should get a life and move on, that they don't want my business.

By the end of our talk it was easy.  They said they had paperwork that would say if the defective sensor in my hands was one that they put in.  I said if it was, then the 2 year problem was clearly not fixed and they needed to find a way to get me a car where the tire pressure sensor system was working as promised when I bought it.  If it was not, I would apologize for wasting their time, pay for the repairs myself in their shop and move on.

not only is he now saying I need a court order to get those documents, he is saying he wont provide them until I tell him ahead of time which tire the sensor came from.  When I asked why he needed to know that and that I was concerned that If I told him ahead of time I would not receive an honest answer since I had already been misled so often he simply said he would not do it without that info.

All we wanted when we bought it is the TPS system to work.  That is all we still want. We paid 16000 for a car that has never had a working TPMS system.

I would never let anyone I know do business with someone who acts so suspiciously.

They started out okay but crashed and burned in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shirlie-Slack-Mitsubishi/FREDERICKSBURG-Virginia-22401/Shirlie-Slack-Mitsubishi-Kirk-Slack-Sold-a-car-that-never-worked-as-advertised-FREDERICKSB-855814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shirlie Slack Mitsubishi