ED Magedson – Founder
Shoes Under-American Leisure7850 Ruffner Avenue, Dept 4000 Van Nuys, California United States of America
Dont buy from this company. Here are the reasons why:
1. The phone experience to order is annoying enough. You never speak to a real person and have to respond to automated prompts that will attempt to sell you more. It takes half an hour to get through the ordering process since after you speak into the phone, it always verifies what you said and then you have to verify again that its correct.
2. You will be asked to upgrade the product. Apparently the product on TV is the upgraded version, not the version you are buying. So I pressed the yes button for an additional $5 upgrade thinking I would be guaranteed the product I saw on TV.
3. The product is junk, even the $5 upgrade version. It looks nothing like the infomercial on TV. It is flimsy paper type cloth. The shoe compartments are very flimsy and do not keep the shoes separated. For the upgrade version, I think this just means the bottom of the dividers are sewn into the bottom. It certainly doesnt mean you are getting a more durable product. From prior reviews, the $9.99 units are not sewn to the bottom and shoes slide into other compartments. The shoe compartments are small and will only fit ladies flat sandals or small heels. The bottom doesnt slide on carpet so if you have carpet under your bed, forget trying to slide it under the bed. It is more like a giant bag than a box style they show on TV. When I tried to slide it under my bed, the shoes bunched up and rolled over the compartments. Also, dont even think about trying to carrying it full to another room. There is no supporting bottom so the shoes just rolls out of their compartments.
4. They overcharged my credit card.
5. They over shipped me more than what I ordered
6. Customer service is difficult to get on the phone. There is a voice mail that suggest calling on Thursday and Fridays.
7. They shipped more units than I ordered and adamantly REFUSED to pay to have their product that I didnt order picked up or reimbursed for me having to return their product that I didnt order. The supervisor manager with operator code 2124 said its their policy not to pay for ANY returns. I reported them to the US Postal Service because they are shipping product they did not order and charged my credit card.
8. I was offered $10 off my order if I would keep it! What a scam way to sell more product! Over ship the customer, over charge and then hope customer doesnt want to deal with shipping it back for a discounted sale. What do they have to lose since they refuse to pay shipping to return over shipped order nothing and yet they think they have a potential for more sales.
This was my first experience buying from an infomercial. The product looked like an ideal solution to my shoe storage problems. It looks great on TV but you will be disappointed when it arrives. Also, the reason there are not more complaints about this company is that the product is still under $17 a unit and most people just dont have the time to deal with this kind of headache. So they just accept it and dont take the time to fight for their money back. Its just isnt a big enough value for them and therefore, unethical companies like them can stay in business selling their junk product, over charging credit cards and over shipping product and attempting to make a sell from the over shipped product.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoes-Under-American-Leisure/Van-Nuys-California-91406/Shoes-Under-American-Leisure-Overships-product-overcharges-credit-cardrefused-to-pay-fo-533043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.