Complaint Review: Shoo Tag

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: epbarnes — richfield Minnesota
Shoo Tag
1863 Pioneer Pkwy E Springfield, Oregon USA

Shoo Tag Product doesn't work and company doesn't stand by it Springfield Oregon

A newly-adopted elderly dog in our household made me curious about this product, preferring not to use chemicals on her if possible. What's more I am one of those people who seems to be found by any mosquito within a 10-mile radius,so I was interested in their version for humans as well. I was told that the company guarantees the product and will give a full refund if it doesn't work within the first 30 days, so I "bit."

Within 3 days of wearing the tags we found 3 ticks on our dog and I was still being bitten by mosquitoes, so I scrupulously followed directions on packaging to return the product. Imagine my surprise when a month after mailing my package was returned as undeliverable to the mailing address appearing on the product packaging! An email to the company revealed that they had changed their address, so first I tried to simply forward to the new address, and another month later the package returned as "unforwardable." So I packed it all up in a new envelope, paid for a 2nd postage, and waited.

Imagine my surprise when one month later I received a check from the company for about 1/2 of the purchase price I had paid. Another email to the company was responded to with a quote from somewhere buried on their website that they will only refund for the purchase of ONE product, therefore I was SOL, and further emails were not answered. I am furious about this policy because if the customer has more than one pet, or like me wanted to try the canine and human versions simultaneously the reality is the company will NOT stand by its product. And as if this were not disturbing enough, the fact that they include out-of-date contact information on their packaging, requiring extra time and expense to return the product is simply too much to accept. If you have money to burn to try the product go for it; just realize that the company does not really, truly stand by their product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoo-Tag/Springfield-Oregon-97477/Shoo-Tag-Product-doesnt-work-and-company-doesnt-stand-by-it-Springfield-Oregon-1079066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoo Tag