Complaint Review: Shoot Market

• Updated: Fri, December 10, 2010

• Reported By: unkown — Rijswijk Netherlands
Shoot Market
2nd Floor, 145-157 St John Street Internet United States of America

Shoot Market ripped me off by buying online with bank transfer as creditcard was 15% extra, now I can't get in contact with them. London, Internet

*Consumer Comment: did anyone try to contact Barclays Bank?

I purchased a camera for 650 euros from an english website called http://www.shootmarket.com. I did this by bank transfer as they would add another 15% extra for creditcard services.

The status of my order kept staying on "shipment pending" and I purchased the camera over 2 weeks ago now (on the 20th of Sept).

I tried to get in contact with them in several different ways with no prefail which has led me to investigate things further. I have send an email to the orders email address as shown on the site and to the managing directors email as shown on the site (no reply to either). I tried to leave a message in the comments box on the website, but there is no button to submit the queary. Then I tried calling the given number, but when you call the number it says to enter the extension, and when not entering the extension and being forwarded it says that the person is unavailable and to leave a message. (I have tried dialing the number on different days and at different times but always get the same message).

I have approached my bank to get my money returned but they say they can't do it (although I have all the information about the Barclay bank account).

The status has changed last night to "order shipped" yet there is no DHL tracking number and DHL doesn't know anything about it. I'm affraid my camera will never reach me and my money is gone.

Further investigation showed me that the site had been bought by

Registrant Name: Ashley Fulers Registrant, Company: SHOOT PHOTOGRAPHY LTD, Registrant Address: 145 ST JOHN STREET, Registrant City: LONDON Registrant, Registrant Postal Code: EC1V 4PY, Registrant Country: GB Registrant, Tel No: +44.7812741521

However the phonenumber isn't real so I doubt that the rest is real.

It was sold by a guy from Lithuania

IP Address:77.79.12.28, person: Remigijus Laurutis, address: Tilzes 74-320, address: LT-76247 Siauliai, address: Lithuania, phone: +37041503500. nic-hdl: RL3425-RIPE abuse@aleja.lt

This person and his company are real and does answer the phone, only he doesn't speak English. Hopefully if the police can talk to this guy we might find out who purchased the website and is taking everyone for a ride. I'm filing a report at http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/ so the english police can hopefully do something about it. Here's hoping. But for now I have to accept that the money is gone and my camera will never come.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 04:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoot-Market/internet/Shoot-Market-ripped-me-off-by-buying-online-with-bank-transfer-as-creditcard-was-15-ext-648770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoot Market

did anyone try to contact Barclays Bank?

AUTHOR: christian hald - (Denmark)

Has anyone tried to contact Barclays Bank (Shoot Market's bank)?

If so, some of us must have transfered money to shoot market's account AFTER Barclays Bank has been notified that the company is fraud; I can't believe that they want to be associated with a fraudulent company...

Please let me know when you have bought your camera and who and when you have contacted afterwards. I'd be happy to file a general complaint to Barclays...

you can write me on (((REDACTED)))

christian hald