Complaint Review: Shoot Straight

• Reported By: Rich — Tampa Florida United States of America
Shoot Straight
3909 N HWY 301 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Shoot Straight OVERPRICED BUNCH OF LIARS, TOTALLY UNPROFFESIONAL Tampa, Florida

I originally heard wonderful things about this store.  Upon arrival I was impressed, vast selection of firearms, knowledgable staff ( so I thought) plus an indoor gun range.  Awesome right?  WRONG!!!  My first purchase was a Walther PK380.  It was reccomended to me by staff there for a small personal defense weapon.  I purchased the weapon and waited 3 days for it to arrive.

Upon its arrival I wanted to test it.  NO FREE RANGE TIME, even when purchasing a new weapon.  Odd, but understandable.  First 50 rounds of the range ammo purchased jammed 14 out of 50.  NOT GOOD.  Switched ammo to Hornady Critical defense ( Usually $17 per box of 25)  Cost me $25 dollars there.  This jammed 12 out of 25.  I couldnt believe this.

I talked to the manager there who had the gunsmiths take a look @ my weapon.  We discovered the hammer was rubbing against the slide causing a minor catch which resulted in the jams.  THEY DID NOTHING TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM!!!!  I was stuck with a weapon I am supposed to trust my life with that JAMS CONSISTENTLY!!!

I then asked to trade in the weapon and purchase another due to the issue. They only offered $200 of the original $450 sticker.  I hadnt even left yet.  This place is horrible.  Completely unproffesional and I will not return and urge others to stay away also.

Everything in the store has a mark up of AT LEAST 20% higher than you can find on the net.  I will research more in advance next time to avoid this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoot-Straight/Tampa-Florida-33619/Shoot-Straight-OVERPRICED-BUNCH-OF-LIARS-TOTALLY-UNPROFFESIONAL-Tampa-Florida-843455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoot Straight