Complaint Review: Shop NBC

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2008

• Reported By:INDIANAPOLIS Indiana
Shop NBC
6740 Shady Oak Rd Eden Prairie, Minnesota U.S.A.

Shop NBC Mean company - lousy customer service Eden Prairie Minnesota

I ordered a lamp from Shop NBC in March 2008. The woman who took my order seemed new. When she verified the shipping address for the item, she asked me if it should go to Sacramento, CA. I said, "No. That is my sister's address. I want this lamp to come to my home in Indiana."

The shipping address was defaulting to Sacramento because a few months before, I had sent a gift there to my sister. The woman taking my order for the lamp said the system would not allow her to change my shipping address back to my home in Indiana. She fussed around with it, and then said "I need to get a supervisor to help me." She fussed around a few more minutes and then said "Oh wait. I think I have it figured out." "I said, are you sure, because I don't want this to end up in California." She thought she had fixed it, but my lamp still ended up in California.

When I called Shop NBC to report my lamp was sent to the wrong address, I said it will need to be repacked because my sister took it out of the box. (She thought I had sent her another gift.) The customer service rep said all they could do was send a free shipping label to my sister so she could send it to me. The problem is my sister is undergoing treatment for cancer. She gets chemo therapy and radiation together five days a week. She is too sick to have to try and repack a Tiffany style, stained glass lamp (very fragile) and have it resent back to me.

I told Shop NBC that if the item was not professionally repackaged, it would almost certainly get broken. They said, "Oh, we are so sorry this happened." But they wouldn't do anything about it. They also said if it got broken from not being repacked right, it would be my sisters responsibility as the shipper.

All I wanted was for them to have it picked up and taken to a pack/ship facility, have it repacked so it wouldn't get broken, and send it to me. They refused to do this even though I spoke with a supervisor.

This is lousy customer service! The mistake was theirs and it is not my sister's responsibility to fix their mistake!! I will never purchase from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shop-NBC/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/Shop-NBC-Mean-company-lousy-customer-service-Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-323089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shop NBC