Complaint Review: Shop NBC

• Submitted: Thu, July 05, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2007

• Reported By:Elfers Florida
Shop NBC
Brooklyn Center, MN 55429 Internet U.S.A.

Shop NBC 18K gold Philip Swiss Watch Limited Edition of 100 pieces, remade another 200 pieces that are not Swiss Made and sold them off of the original ad as a limited production of 200 pieces now, but NOT SWISS MADE. Brooklyn Center, Minnesota Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: You People

*Author of original report: More Information on ShopNBC Bait and Switch Tactics

On June 2, 2007, I ordered an 18K Gold Philip Swiss made watch from Shop NBC which was a limited edition of only 100 pieces. I ordered it the same day it was posted so I was sure to get one of the hundred pieces.

Today, July 5th, after no less than 4 emails telling me I may cancel my order as it is delayed beyond any given date, I received the piece via FedEx. To add insult to injury, there was no protective plastic on the watch, it was obviously used, the crocodile band had a stretch mark in the hole and was showing wear with a crease, the buckle had scratches on it and the entire watch looked used. It was not properly packed, in fact, it was literally placed in the box unsecured.

Finally, it was marked 184/200, and not *** of 100, so an additional 200 were made, not labeled Swiss made and sold for the same price. A clear bait and switch as the first ones posted showed Swiss made. This one received and the watch posted on the Shop NBC site has no such Swiss markings. A limited Swiss Made 18K gold watch of one hundred pieces turned into the hundred that were Swiss made, but I never got one and 200 NOT MARKED SWISS, obviously cheaper but greed to sell more of these models pushed the customers to wait while cheaper versiolns were made.

To all the customers who bought the Philip 18K gold watch, please note it is not Swiss made as originally advertised and 200 were very quickly made to satisfy demand. Return them and get your money back. This was a clear cut 'BAIT AND SWITCH."

William
Elfers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2007 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shop-NBC/internet/Shop-NBC-18K-gold-Philip-Swiss-Watch-Limited-Edition-of-100-pieces-remade-another-200-pie-258850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shop NBC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You People

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Been in the jewelry business for 24 years. You people continue to buy that hyped up crap off those shopping channels and then bring it in to show me your "great" purchases or have me repair it. Most or all is "BAIT and SWITCH". At least you were able to figure it out. IMNSHO

More Information on ShopNBC Bait and Switch Tactics

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

After being told that the second choice watch in 18K gold was released "accident" for me and no longer available, I was still able to order it in spite of being told they are not available and 'sold out.". So not only do I NOT get the watch I originally ordered, I am not able to get my second choice. When I called and spoke to a manager at Shop NBC about this, I was told that a customer cancelled their order so the watch was available now. A likely story. I requested that my discounts and new amount be applied to my account on this watch so as to prevent any further mix ups and discrepancies. I was told I would initially be charged the full amount, 500.00 more and that with the other adjustments that "would be made later." In light of the facts preceding this, I insisted on the order being properly billed before I commit to it and pay for it. I was told by the manager that he would call me back in 5 minutes and have an answer. I waited 5 hours, no return call, I then cancelled the order as I was not taking the chance that I would be responsible for the higher amount without an adjustment showing on my account. In spite of this, Shop NBC had the nerve to take the first 500.00 payment out of my card without my authorization or a return call.
Again...IF ANYONE ORDERED THE PHILIP PRESTIGE 18K GOLD WATCH, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SWISS MADE RUN OF 100 PIECES, AND NOT THE SECOND "FINAL RUN" OF 200 PIECES WHICH ARE NOT SWISS MADE. I urge you to return these watches as they are not worth what you have paid for them if they are not labeled on the face "Swiss made." tAKE ACTION NOW AS YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF BY A BAIT AND SWITCH.