Complaint Review: Shop NBC

• Updated: Thu, December 06, 2007

• Reported By:Marlton New Jersey
Shop NBC
www.shopnbc.com Internet U.S.A.

Shop NBC Sent me merchandise that I did not order and then advised me that I had to pay to take it to FedEx and pay to send it back. Internet Internet

I ordered an area rug from ShopNBC that was 6 feet by 9 feet, made of wool and was oriental in design. What I received was a poly/acrylic 5 x 7 rug in a wild bubble design. When I contacted the company and advised them of their error, I was instructed to take the rug to FedEx and return it at my expense - no offer to exchange, nothing. I advised the customer service rep that I was physically incapable of taking the rug anywhere and she had the nerve to ask me what physical ailment prevented me from doing this. I spoke with a CS rep as well as a supervisor who were both reading from a script. They could not help me since the policy of ShopNBC prevented them from doing so. They had no idea why. Eventually after nearly an hour on the telephone, I was advised by a manger that he would send me a prepaid return slip, however, I would still have to pay to have FedEx pick up the item (he didn't know if they would) or I would have to take the rug to FedEx. Again, no offer to provide me with the correct merchandise and no assistance in correcting what was their mistake. I am contacting my credit card company and advising them they I dispute the charge. This company provides absolutely no customer service and refuses to correct their own mistakes.

Sandy
Marlton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2007 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shop-NBC/internet/Shop-NBC-Sent-me-merchandise-that-I-did-not-order-and-then-advised-me-that-I-had-to-pay-to-289423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shop NBC