rank

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2008

• Reported By:Seven Valleys Pennsylvania
Shop NBC,Vivitek
shopNBC.com , California U.S.A.

Shop NBC,Vivitek ripped me off for a 51 DLP TV before warranty expired Brooklyn Center Minnesota

The TV made a buzzing sound and had no picture. I called Vivitek and they told me it was the bulb.After several months they sent an order application for the bulb.

They said if I sent back the old bulb they would credit my account back for 196.00 for the cost of the new bulb.I did so but then they said the bulb was only warrantied for 90 days.

Two months later the same problem happened.

Sears came out.They said it was not the bulb,but a light engine,that would cost 1200.00 if they carried that part,which they don't.

I purchased the TV the end of May 2006 and it was delivered the beginning of June,and it went up April 20,2007.

I made numerous calls to ShopNBC,Vivitek and even wrote to GE Moneybank and received evasive responses.I never received a copy of my warranty or an instruction booklet.The warranty was to have been good for a year.

Gertrude
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shop-NBCVivitek/California/Shop-NBCVivitek-ripped-me-off-for-a-51-DLP-TV-before-warranty-expired-Brooklyn-Center-Min-297294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shop NBC,Vivitek