Complaint Review: Shop NBC.com

• Submitted: Fri, August 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 29, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Shop NBC.com
6740 Shady Oak Rd. Eden Praire, Minnesota U.S.A.

Shop NBC.com - Value City Media BAIT AND SWICTH, Advertized specfic LCD TV sent differant TV & tried to say it's the same Eden Praire Minnesota

For one hour Shop NBC.COM advertised a Sharp "AGUOS" 46" LCD TV.I bought it hook, line and sinker. The TV arrived by Yellow truck, which I had to stay home and wait for, two weeks after I ordered it by PH on 8-8-08. Five days after recieving it ShopNBC.com sent me a letter telling me.... "Due to an unforeseen error the Sharp TV that was aired (sorry NBC YOU SHOWED AN Aquos), while having every featureas described is not a "SHARP AQUOS" BRAND TV. WE WILL GIVE YOU AN EXTENDED EXTRA 3MONTHS WARRENTY IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO KEEP IT. I was told the letter was to have arrived before I received the TV. Hello, email me, the letter arrived 3 weeks after ordereing the TV. I told them that I felt Corp ShopNBC made a decision based on a % of people who would keep the bait and switch. It was my first time buying from them and my last. I opened up an account with them to purchase the TV, running my FICA score down, for a 4 payment plan, to only be used on SHOPNBC.COM. I called them to come pick it up the TV, which I now have to stay at home and wait for Yellow truck to come get, lossing time at work. They insisted it IS the SAME TV as an "AQUES" it just doesn't say "AQUOS". SORRY SHOP NBC.COM but if it quacks like a duck it's a duck. If it stinks like crap, it's crap! I wanted to cancell my credit card with them and I was given a PH # for GE Money. When I called they answered ShopNBE.COM. I told them to cancell my card and send me a letter in writing showing it was cancelled becuase I will NOT do business with them again. SHOP NBC, not all people are stupid, you will be short lived on TV. wHERE IS THE FCC?

Frank
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2008 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shop-NBCcom/Eden-Praire-Minnesota-55344/Shop-NBCcom-Value-City-Media-BAIT-AND-SWICTH-Advertized-specfic-LCD-TV-sent-differant-368122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shop NBC.com