Complaint Review: ShopNBC, Protron Digital Corp

• Updated: Tue, March 11, 2008

• Reported By:South Glens Falls New York
ShopNBC, Protron Digital Corp
www.shopnbc.com Internet U.S.A.

ShopNBC, ProtronShopNBC, Protron Digital Corp ShopNBC and the Avion 32 LCD TV was nothing but a big rip off Brooklyn Center Minnesota

I too was of the many trusting individuals to buy the Avion 32" HDTV ready LCD flat screen from Shop NBC back on 7/25/2005. The TV was great at first, but then I started to have to hit the on switch twice on the remote for the TV to actually work. Then one day I tried to turn it on, but it stopped working for no known reason. I too contacted ShopNBC via the phone and the internet. I tried to purchase a new adapter thinking that was where the problem was, since it was dead. ShopNBC didn't have the adapter and passed me off to the manufacturer, who first went by the name Viscom and is now Protron. I have tried contacting them as well. Everytime I have tried to order the adapter, I get some foreign person on the phone who always says that they are on back order. I have tried for months. They indicated that they would email me or call me when the adaptor came in, but I have yet to receive the phone call or the email. I have even taken the adaptor to a couple of area electronic stores. Not one person has seen anything like this adaptor and have told me that most adaptors are built into these type of TV's. One would have thought that ShopNBC was a reputable company that would stand behind the products that they sell, but it all seems to be a big scam. I am sure there are many others out there with this product in the same situation as i am. I hope they find this site and at least file a report. Here i sit $1299.99 later with my old 19" TV. Money down the drain, that I, like most cannot afford to lose.

Anonymous
South Glens Falls, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ShopNBC-Protron-Digital-Corp/internet/ShopNBC-ProtronShopNBC-Protron-Digital-Corp-ShopNBC-and-the-Avion-32-LCD-TV-was-nothing-317041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ShopNBC, Protron Digital Corp