Complaint Review: ShopNBC/Viscom

• Submitted: Wed, November 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 17, 2004

• Reported By:La Jolla California
ShopNBC/Viscom
4064 Peavey Road Chaska, Minnesota U.S.A.

ShopNBC - Viscom ripoff Both companies Make Consumer Fraud an Art! Chaska Minnesota

*Author of original report: Update-Refund is being processed

*Author of original report: Amazing, Tony with Viscom contacted me today, the day after listing with Rip-Off-Report.

*Consumer Comment: Question why didn't you go over the specks before buying?

Ordered a Centrino V2 Notebook through shop NBC. After going over all the specs decided this unit would not meet my needs. When I went to return the (unopened)item there was no invoice.

Contacted ShopNBC, rep promised to send out a new invoice that I could Not return with out the invoice. Expressed my concern as the must retun by date was approaching. She extended the return date. First invoice Never arrived.

Called ShopNBC agian, he extended the "return" date. Invoice finally arrived contacted Viscom. Was told that the return date had passed, however, I was confident that Shop NBC had taken care of the extension.

Melanie of Viscom today told me ShopNBC can not authorize an extension then connected me to ShopNBC, with Sierra. First she denied I had contacted ShopNBC before, then after I provided more information she said, they shouldn't have told you that. They did. so what can be done. Asked for a supervisor she refused, no one there can do anything she said.

Back to Viscom. Melaine (again) said we will not accept a return from you. ShopNBC customer service is a terrible joke. Would appear to be intention to defraud with ShopNBC. I did as I was requested by ShopNBC. Trying Attorney General for Minnesota, maybe some help.

Please do Not make any major purhase through ShopNBC or any computer purchase of a V2 product. Integrity is not in either companies corporate code. Don't let the 1 year no interest suck you in the price is far too high. Just don't call, pass and save yourself a huge head ache and a large financial loss. Computer is still unopened in the box. Maybe some day will be able to laugh about this, or not.

Leigh
La Jolla, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2004 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ShopNBCViscom/Chaska-Minnesota-55318/ShopNBC-Viscom-ripoff-Both-companies-Make-Consumer-Fraud-an-Art-Chaska-Minnesota-116035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ShopNBC/Viscom

Update-Refund is being processed

AUTHOR: Leigh - (U.S.A.)

Received written confirmation that a Refund for the original price of the system will be credited in next 3-5 days.

Credit will be applied to original form of payment. This was not an easy, helpful, or consumer based process. Hopefully someone else will benefit from my experience.

Also helpful, it to obtain the information to the State Attny. Generals office for the state the business has it's corporate offices and license. Most of the Attny. Gen. offices have a web address, most let you file complaint on line.

While I was ready with the information, thankfully did not have to use it. Get names, dates and times of who you talk with and what was said. I did have this.

Good Luck. Think it over once, twice, three times and then start agaiin before making a high ticket item purchase. I was fortunate that it ended well for me.

AUTHOR: Leigh - (U.S.A.)

After "researhing" my situation, he acknowledged that ShopNBC did provide an extension (2 to be accurate).

Tony said that a "return authorization" would be sent. Should arrive next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Had also sent email to Viscom (address to Jim), however, as customer service was useless, sent it through technical support instead.

Will update when and "if" RA is received. Hopefully all will be fine.

Question why didn't you go over the specks before buying?

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

I am not making excuses for ShopNBC's poor customer service, but why didn't you go over the specks before buying?

They are clearly listed on the website, or if you all the 1-800 ordering number the rep would read them to you.

I don't understand why people make large purchases like this when they don't fully understand the product.

I have been a at home rep for ShopNBC and have ordered many items from them. I havent been dissapointed with any of my purchases. Perhaps becuase I read about them before ordering.

Keep after them, keep calling and emailing. I am certain they will rectify the situation. You can find the email addy on the shopnbc website.