Complaint Review: Shopers Market Research

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2008

• Reported By:Bahama North Carolina
Shopers Market Research
9362 East 42nd Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Shopers Market Research ( Pretending To Be Afiliated With Shopers Inc) I recieved a Check in the mail for $4,470.00 to be a "mystery shopper" New York New York

*Author of original report: P&G Pharnecuticals

I recieved a check in the mail from this company saying they recieved my information from a survey I had recently did.

I thought it was a dream come true. I was getting paid $300 ( probationary) and to spend $100 at a retail location that was listed ( and to keep the merchandise of course). Also I was to wire 3,900 to one of their account managers . So I went straight to the bank, and on the way was thinking about certain things like " Where did they actually get my info from, and why do they want the money back right away, and why was the check in a different name"?

So when I got to my bank we discussed it, and decided to put a "hold" on the funds, luckily they reported it to their fraud department. And I am still waiting on the next step. Not sure how to actually report this company for what they are doing.

I also went on line, and no such company exists, found the "Shoppers Inc" website, contacted them and they even said it was a scam, I faxed them the info, and applied with them to be a mystery shopper.

Lisa
Bahama, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopers-Market-Research/New-York-New-York-10014/Shopers-Market-Research-Pretending-To-Be-Afiliated-With-Shopers-Inc-I-recieved-a-Check-396510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopers Market Research