Complaint Review: Shopko

• Reported By: Helen — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Shopko

Shopko Duplicated order, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry

I made an order through the Shopko website for 2 thermal cups. When the delivery was received I had gotten 2 packages. When I opened one it was my order of both cups. I decided not to open the other one and rechecked my e-mail and found out that they had actually duplicated my order. They copied the order and charged me both times. This is an unauthorized charge, and I contacted them in terms of returning the package unopened that was not authorized by me. I would've simply returned the item had it not been that under their terms and conditions it states that they do not return shipping and handling charges. I did not want to pay to have to return something that I did not buy in the first place.

They did respond to my e-mail with a copy of their online return policy that is on their website that I was completely aware of, stating that they do not refund shipping and handling charges. They completely disregarded the fact that this was a fault on their end and that it should not have been sent to me in the first place.

In the end, I decided that it was too little of an expense for me to waste time on. It was actually the principle of the matter that I wanted to communicate to them and have the problem fixed. The cups ended up being a pretty good deal, so I decided to just keep the 2 cups, but be very wary of making any purchases on their site.

I'm not going to continue any business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopko/internet/Shopko-Duplicated-order-Internet-1018234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopko

Sorry

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I am sorry to hear about this inconvience that you had dealing with an online order. Please call the corporate office 1-800-791-7333 and explain your situation. If you contact your local store and explain the situation they may be willing to reimburse you the shipping charges, its something we really never do in the stores but the store manager may be willing to help you out, do not expect them to but it does not hurt to try. Duplicate charges and orders are not common, the number you call for online orders is actually outsourced so contacted our corporate office will get you further. Again I am really sorry that you had to go through this.