Complaint Review: Shopper Anonymous

• Reported By: Necie2012 — Montgomery Alabama United States of America
Shopper Anonymous

Shopper Anonymous Secret Shopper, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good to hear

I received a letter in the mail today stating that it was my secret shopper information and in the envelope there was a Cashier's Check for 2,955.10 and this is what the letter looked like:

Attn: Secret Shopper. We issued out your first assignment today. Below is the breakdown of your first shopping experience. Please follow instructions in the note please make sure you take the check to your bank and get it cashed at the bank. Please check your email for the tracking number would be sent to you to track them at www.usps.com . Please follow the instructions. Please call me so can know update thank you.

Courier: Usps Express Mail.
Amount Received: $2995
weekly salary: $165
Shopping Fee: $ 20
Transportation: $ 30

Deduct transfer charges

Here is the name of the Survey Agent whom you are to make the wire transfer to money in minutes:
Receiver's Name: Francis Melchoir
City: Brooklyn
State: New York
Zip- Code: 11238
Country: USA

Then there was other information on the page that had misspelled words and  you could tell that the papers were done on a computer because the letter was not on a letter head showing me who the company I am supposed to be working for. I received an email giving me instructions to send the transfer of the money that I got to send the money Western Union to an Adam Forrent in Atlanta, Ga.

The email came from an Mr. James Hawk and told me to send a reply t him at his website jamesreport @aol.com I don't know who these people think that they are fooling but they have messed with the wrong one today because they are threatening my freedom and me being away rom my children. I am going to make sure that I do everything that I can t put a stop to this so that these people won't rip off anyone else.  This scam stops with me today so get the word out to everyone that you know that has been taken advantage of by these people that it i time to take a stand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopper-Anonymous/internet/Shopper-Anonymous-Secret-Shopper-Internet-886945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopper Anonymous

Good to hear

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

That you did not fall into their trap. The problem finding the real person to take responsibility for this kind of scam is that all information you got are likely fake. The person who sent you the letter and/or email could used a fake name and address. The email obviously indicates that the person is a fake because it is from a free email service (AOL). The recipient name can be easily fake because those who are scamming others will NEVER use their real ID. They use only fake ID. Normally, they get the money from Western Union. The Western Union people won't care much as long as the ID looks legit enough.

Therefore, if you do not fall into their trap, it is good for you and I congratulate you as well. If one falls into their trap, the one must live and learn...