Complaint Review: Shopper Discounts & Rewards (Webloyalty.com)

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Shopper Discounts & Rewards (Webloyalty.com)
101 Merrit 7, 7th Floor Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Shopper Discounts & Rewards ,Webloyalty.com musicnotes.com link lured me into this scam, but BBB case# and scathing letter to CEO got my $ back! Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Another Victim of Shopper Discounts

Like many of you here, I didn't realize that $12/mo was being deducted from my checking account. When I first noticed it, I thought one of my kids had bought a shirt Online, or something I'd bought was being charged under another name.

The next time I noticed it, an 800 # appeared on my bank statement and I checked out Shopper Discounts & Rewards Online. Thank God for this Website -- I read my story over and over again in your tales of woe. I checked with my bank and discovered SD&R had been charging me $12/mo for 14 months ($168).

Apparently my daughter had purchased sheet music at musicnotes.com (NEVER again am I using that site for sheet music) in April 2008 and had clicked the link at the end that promises a $10 coupon. Without entering my debit card # again, SD&R was able to get the # from my daughter's entry on the musicnotes.com site.

First I called the 800# and demanded a refund. They credited 2 months over the phone and emailed me an affidavit to fill out. Then I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I then researched the CEO (Richard Fernandes - Princeton, Harvard MBA - CEO of Webloyalty.com, the parent company: 101 Merrit 7, Seventh Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851) and wrote him a scathing letter citing the Harvard MBA Oath and my Better Business Bureau case #. I mailed in the affidavit, also citing the BBB case #.

Today, I'm happy to report, 18 days after I filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau and wrote my brilliant letter to Richard Fernandes (talk about a good time!), SD&R has refunded every last dime they stole from me...less the interest, of course.

So, go after them in every way you can. Call 800-889-8776, demand to talk to a supervisor, and be beligerent. Definitely file a claim with the BBB (http://www.bbb.org/), and tell Mr. Fernandes what you think of him. I bet you'll have your money back in less than 3 weeks.

Why this is legal, I don't know. Every one of us should get behind legislation that forbids financial information entered by a customer on one site to be pilfered by another company on a linked site.

Good luck!

Mary Rose
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopper-Discounts-Rewards-Webloyaltycom/Norwalk-Connecticut-06851/Shopper-Discounts-Rewards-Webloyaltycom-musicnotescom-link-lured-me-into-this-scam-b-468562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopper Discounts & Rewards (Webloyalty.com)

Another Victim of Shopper Discounts

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I have been receiving unauthorized monthly charges of $12.00 to my bank account from Shopper Discounts for the past 10 months, and I finally noticed their charges and called them today. They cancelled my account immediately and promised me a refund of $72.00 for the past 6 months within 3-5 business days. I was told that I would need to fill out an unauthorized charge affidavit to get a refund for the remaining 4 months. I filled out the affidavit and attached a copy of my complaint with the BBB concerning their practices.

The customer service rep I spoke to told me that my personal information and debit card # had been given to them through allposters.com as part of a promotion. I had made a purchase from allposters.com in September 2008, the month preceding the fraudulent charges. I never gave allposters permission to give my information to any third party, especially one as shady as WebLoyalty. I sent an email to allposters.com suggesting that they cut off all ties with WebLoyalty and end any promotion with Shopper Discount. I expect a full refund from Shopper Discount and encourage anyone who has made a purchase from these merchants to check their payment history for fraudulent charges.