Complaint Review: ShopperDiscountsAndRewards.com - Buy.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 15, 2008

• Reported By:Dover Tennessee
ShopperDiscountsAndRewards.com - Buy.com
PO Box 855 Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

ShopperDiscountsAndRewards.com (Scam Company) Working With Buy.com Buy.com uses coupon to get you to authorize them to give personal information and credit card information to scam company ShopperDiscountsAndRewards.com who enroll you in automatic billing for membership. Shelton Connecticut

I purchased a AMD Athlon 2X 6000 Processor from Buy.com. I usually go to Amazon.com but they only had the one that runs at 125 watts and I needed the one that runs at 89 watts. After I purchased it it offered me a $10 coupon to use on my next Buy.com purchase. I thought that was cool and accepted it.

Come to find out it enrolls you into a membership with a company called Shopper Discounts & Rewards whose business address is a post office box in Shelton, CT. That should throw up a red flag (No physical address). But Buy.com transmits all your personal information to this company and INCLUDES YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. And to make matters worse, this company automatically enrolls you in a membership that charges you $12.00 a month. All this without any authorization besides a checked box saying you accepted a $10 coupon. And they even put the spin on their fine print too. A really nice scam for people who don't catch it.

I caught it and spent the evening getting myself unhinged from this nightmare. Calling, speaking with customer service and sending e-mails getting my membership canceled. Then I spent the rest of my time worried about it.
I am angry Buy.com actually got involved with this scam and actually gives all your information and CREDIT CARD information to them. This is shameful and, in my opinion, wrong as hell.

I highly doubt I will be coming back to buy.com for anything else in the future. I wish there was a class action suit against this Shopper Discounts & Rewards company.

Billy
Dover, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ShopperDiscountsAndRewardscom-Buycom/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/ShopperDiscountsAndRewardscom-Scam-Company-Working-With-Buycom-Buycom-uses-coupon-to-373218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ShopperDiscountsAndRewards.com - Buy.com