Complaint Review: Shopper's Advantage

• Reported By: David — Thomasville Georgia
Shopper's Advantage
, Connecticut USA

Shopper's Advantage Debit Card billing scam Connecticut

In August 2012, I stayed at a Days Inn in Atlanta. They had a promotion offering free nights, and I signed up. I never was able to access the website to fill out the application, so I called the promoter to cancel. They told me the membership was cancelled. However, my bank statements showed I was still being charged $15.99 per month. I called again, and again their assurance that it was cancelled was untrue. The charges continued. I have now been charged over $200. Called again yesterday and received a "cancellation confirmation number" and a promise of 4 months payments to be refunded. But the operator could not send me an email confirming her oral promise. Finally, she said I would receive a letter within 48 hours.

I called Suntrust bank's debit card department, and was told they cannot stop the charges on a debit card. They suggested my only recourse is to close the account and reopen it. I see that there are other compaints about this rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Advantage/Connecticut/Shoppers-Advantage-Debit-Card-billing-scam-Connecticut-1095495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopper's Advantage