Complaint Review: Shoppers Impressions Inc

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Monica California
Shoppers Impressions Inc
110 Main St. #507 Jefferson, South Dakota U.S.A.

Shoppers Impressions Inc Mystery Shopper, Customer Cashiers Check $4998.00 Jefferson South Dakota

I received a letter today. It was from Canada. I thought it strange because I do not know anyone who lives in Canada.

I open the letter to find a Cashiers Check payable to me for $4998.00

The letter accompanied by the check from Shoppers impressions inc.
gave me assignments and told me to call their office upon receipt of the check. I did, I was told to deposit the check in my bank, and call back when the funds clear in order to get my assignments.

I still didn't believe it, Before I hung up on that call I asked the Guy his name, and he stammered a bit and replied..." Uh, It's Scott"

I tried to google the company but could not find it. The company has an address on their letter in South Dakota.
I looked at the bank the Cashiers check was from and it was from Bank of Star Valley in Afton, WY.....I looked up the bank, and it is a real bank, but It still felt strange, like this check for almost 5K was too good to be true.

The letter originated in Canada, but was written by someone in South Dakota, and this company banks in Wyoming??

So I decided to check rip off report. I could not find them by the name Shoppers Impressions Inc, but a found a report written by another lady who received a check for the same amount, and called the company was told to deposit it. The Check for $4998.00 of course never cleared.

It was the same scam just a different name for the company. If you get a letter and a check like this; asking you to buy $50 at Wal Mart, $40 at the Gap, and the other two companies they want you to test are Western union and money gram?

So if you get this letter and check, just shred it. It is not worth the paper it is written on.

Elvira ****
Santa Monica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Impressions-Inc/Jefferson-South-Dakota-57038/Shoppers-Impressions-Inc-Mystery-Shopper-Customer-Cashiers-Check-499800-Jefferson-South-356467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Impressions Inc