Complaint Review: Shoppers Impressions Inc

• Submitted: Sat, August 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 09, 2008

• Reported By:ringgold Georgia
Shoppers Impressions Inc
120 N Main Ave Wentworth, South Dakota U.S.A.

Shoppers Impressions Inc i got a letter in the mail with a check for $4,998 they told me to deposit the check and wait for it to clear than call back for further instructions on the letter it said to spend $50 at walmart and $ 40 at the gap than get a moneygram and a western union to send back to them Wentworth South Dakota

I received a letter today. It was from canada. I thought it strange because I do not know anyone who lives in Canada.

I open the letter to find a Cashiers Check payable to me for $4998.00

The letter accompanied by the check from Shoppers impressions inc.
gave me assignments and told me to call their office upon receipt of the check. I did, I was told to deposit the check in my bank, and call back when the funds clear in order to get my assignments.

I still didn't believe it, so i called the bank number on the bottom of the check and a guy answered and i told i thought it was a fraud he hung up on me. I tried to google the company but could not find it. The company has an address on their letter in South Dakota.
I looked at the bank the Cashiers check was from and it was from Bank of Star Valley in Afton, WY.....I looked up the bank, and it is a real bank, but It still felt strange, like this check for almost 5K was too good to be true.

The letter originated in Canada, but was written by someone in South Dakota, and this company banks in Wyoming??

So I decided to check rip off report. I could not find them by the name Shoppers Impressions Inc, but a found a report written by another lady who received a check for the same amount, and called the company was told to deposit it. The Check for $4998.00 of course never cleared.

It was the same scam with the same name. If you get a letter and a check like this; asking you to buy $50 at Wal Mart, $40 at the Gap, and the other two companies they want you to test are Western union and money gram?

So if you get this letter and check, just shred it. It is not worth the paper it is written on.

Allison
ringgold, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2008 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Impressions-Inc/Wentworth-South-Dakota-57075/Shoppers-Impressions-Inc-i-got-a-letter-in-the-mail-with-a-check-for-4998-they-told-me-361042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Impressions Inc