• Report: #420297

Complaint Review: Shoppers Link FInancial Awards (sub Name) International Finance Department, Ontario

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Reading Pennsylvania
No Address-just A Phone # Ontario, Canada

Shoppers Link Financial Awards (sub Name) International Finance Department, Ontario One of 20 winners-lump sum of $55,000.00. Received a check to pay IRS $4875.00 written out of JP Morgan Chase Bank. The tax amount was $3835.00 should be pay with money gram located @ WalMart. Nationwide

ALERT...Shoppers Link FInancial Awards. I received a letter from this "company" with a sub name of International Finance Department, Ontario. The letter explained I was one of 20 "declared winners" who shared a grand price of $1.1 million US dollars. My shared was $55,000.00. Before I can get my $55,000.00 I need to pay IRS they have try to make easier for me they forward my winnings to "our Clearing/disbursement department to release the funds. They listed a claim number and assigned me an analyst. Her name was Kelly Carter her number 1-416-838-7411. I was instructed to contact Kelly so she could give me details in how to get my lump sum. They sent me a check written out of JP Morgan Chase Bank in Columbus, Oh 43240. The chek is real and for over $4,000.00 this they say will take care of IRS/taxes.

I tried calling the number but was not able to contact any one. I was very espetical and decided to try and find them in the net instead I found this site. Some of the reports I read mentioned the sub name in my letter "International Finance Department, Ontario". Although I was not tricked in to anything and didn't deposit the check in my account. I feel like a victim and felt it is my obligation to tell my close call. I plan to call the local Cosumer Report chapter in my county or maybe even call the Better Business Bureau to get the word out.

With a daughter in college; I was very etempted to deposit the chekc. I was very ansious to call and get my winnings!!!!

gec from pa
Reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Link-FInancial-Awards-sub-Name-International-Finance-Department-Ontario/Ontario-/Shoppers-Link-Financial-Awards-sub-Name-International-Finance-Department-Ontario-One-of-420297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Link FInancial Awards (sub Name) International Finance Department, Ontario