Complaint Review: Shoppers Market Research

• Submitted: Sat, December 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 20, 2008

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Shoppers Market Research
9362 East 42nd St New York, New York U.S.A.

Shoppers Market Research Check For $3760.00 wanted me to deposit New York New York

Recieved a letter telling me I was selected to participate in their paid Consumer Research Program in my area. I would be paid 400 dollars a week to start and it would increase to 800 dollars a week after six months.

I was given a check that for 3760 dollars that was broken done as :
Probation training pay 100.00/hour x 3 $300.00
Required fund to br transferred $3200.00
Serivce Charges $160.00
Funds needed for shopping $100.00
Total $3760.00

Asked to deposit into my account. Not cash it. Never really specifird what mystery shopping duties I would be doing, never explained what my next assignment would be or how to find out about it. thought it very weird. Very happy I decided to check them out. The have no internet page and I was routed here. Thank you to everyone that posted before me. You helped me see what a fraud this letter was. I hope this helps someone else.

William
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2008 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Market-Research/New-York-New-York-10014/Shoppers-Market-Research-Check-For-376000-wanted-me-to-deposit-New-York-New-York-403542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Market Research