Complaint Review: Shoppers Point Of sale Sweepstakes

• Updated: Sat, December 03, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Los Banos California United States of America
Shoppers Point Of sale Sweepstakes
3960 Howard Hughes PKWY San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Shoppers Point Of sale Sweepstakes Shoppers Direct Shoppers Pount of Sale Sweepstakes Check from Southwest Independent School District Wells Fargo Bank San Antonio Texas

On 12/03/2011 I received a letter in the mail from GLOBAL PO BOX 1150 Torono, ON MIK 5KS. Addressed to me. Inside the envelope was a letter frrom Shoppers Point of sale Sweepstakes stating that in result of sweepstakes held on July 30, 2011 in the United States. As a frequent shopper in one of their participating stores, my point of sale POS was randomly entered electronically selected for this sweepstakes. My name was attached to a ticket serial number 00112449781 and emerged as the winning number to recieve the sum of $50.500.00 US dollars. a check was enclosed drawn upon Southwest Independent School District 11914 Dragon Lane. san Antoinio, TX 78252-2647 in the amount of $3.550.00 Wells Fargo Bank Texas N.A. San Antoio Texas 78227. Check number 69643 routing and account along the bottom as follows 069649:111900659:6450276742. Dated 11-25-2011 void after 90 days. Made payable to me my first and last name and home address. The letter advised me to keep my notification letter and claim number private to avoid any false claims or unwarranted abuse of the program. The letter instructed me to use the check for $3.550.00 as partial payment to receive my winnings used for applicable sweepstakes sales tax and insurance associated with my winnings. Deducted from my award. Letter was signed by an Amanda Armstrong and letter instructed me to contact Don Peterson claims agent at 647-826-7556 Monday - Friday 9AM - 8PM EST and Saturday  9AM - 5:30PM EST. Of course there was never any answer and received an automated answering system advising me that all circutes were busy at the time and to try my call again later. Letter advised me to make sure after speaking with a Sweepstakes representative to get the appropriate address and contact name as to where I am going to send the remaining $2,500.00 for applicable tax and sweepstakes processing fees. My claim number is #G T C /0011244. W. Batch ID :05/7009/2011 again signed Amanda Armstrong Director of Operations the only names I can make out from two signatures upon the check are Mike (?) and an Ida M. Sudolca.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2011 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Point-Of-sale-Sweepstakes/San-Antonio-Texas-78252-2647/Shoppers-Point-Of-sale-Sweepstakes-Shoppers-Direct-Shoppers-Pount-of-Sale-Sweepstakes-Chec-804629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Point Of sale Sweepstakes