Complaint Review: Shoppers Sweepstakes

• Reported By:Woodland Hills California
Shoppers Sweepstakes
300 2nd St Midland, Ontario Canada

Shoppers Sweepstakes Winning Final Notification Midland Ontario

I just opend a letter and inside was a check for $4977.00 The letter said I had won in a sweepstakes $79,995.00 US Dollars. I was told to call 1-416-799-8951 and speak to someone before cashing the check. I called and they said that I had won $79,995.00 and a check was sent to me for the payment of applicable Government Taxes on my big winnings. I was then told to go to the bank cash the check and call them back. They would then tell me where to Moneygram or Western Union my $2995.00 to cover the taxes. After I called them and sent them the money they would send me the ramainder of my winnings.
The name Victoria McClain

Woodland Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppers-Sweepstakes/Midland-Ontario-L4R1X5/Shoppers-Sweepstakes-Winning-Final-Notification-Midland-Ontario-434274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppers Sweepstakes