Complaint Review: Shopping Essence

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:stonybrook New York
Shopping Essence
shopping essence.com Nationwide, Connecticut U.S.A.

Shopping Essence got my credit card when I ordered from restaurant.com and just billed me for something I never applied for Connecticut Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: You were not scammed

I called shopping essence and they said they got my information..credit card from restaurant.com. I never received anything nor did I agree to anything. This is a scam. I called them and they would only remove the last 14.95 charge. I thihnk people have to know when they go to websites their information must be sold. What a ripoff and people have to know not to order from restaurants.com When I called they said they would only refund the last payment of 14.95.

Jane
stonybrook, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essence/Nationwide-Connecticut/Shopping-Essence-got-my-credit-card-when-I-ordered-from-restaurantcom-and-just-billed-me-414782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essence

You were not scammed

AUTHOR: Miss L - (U.S.A.)

Nor was your address "sold"

Before checking out on the restaurant.com page, there is a page asking if you would like to get something for free, basically its the offer to join Shopping Essence. There is a decent sized button that says "No, thank you". If you didn't click that button, it would mean that yes indeed you wanted to join Shopping Essence, or you decided to not read the fine print.

It is a little upsetting to see so many people calling this a scam when in reality, they are blaming this company for their decision to not read the fine print.

mothers