Complaint Review: Shopping Essenstials Plus

http://www.shoppingessentialsplus.com Internet U.S.A.

Shopping Essenstials Plus Unauthorized Charges Des Plains Internet

*Author of original report: Unauthorized Charges for Shopping Essentials Plus

*Consumer Comment: NOT UNAUTHORIZED - YOU DID AGREE TO THEM

I just spotted a $39.90 charge on my bank account from Shopping essentials plus. At first I thought my husband may have purchased something but when I asked him, he did not. I called the 800 number listed and was able to speak with a company representative (who was not the kindest), she seemed irritated when I didn't want to provide my CC number and then asked for a membership ID number which I did not have as I never signed up for it. Anyway, she informed me that I signed up through Classmates.com (I was a member) but I did not sign up for this. After googling their information I came up with a ton of reports about the same thing happening to other people through many websites (all which are supposed to be secure). I am extrememly concerned that Classmates is allowing people to get my information. I am also concerned about some of their charges as well. I will now have to wait 2 days to see if they refund my money as they said they would. I will also have to close my Debit Card and wait for a new one. This is going to be very stressful and time consuming. I want to know how to get the information out to people before the charge occurs. Make sure you inform the people you know about the SCAM.

Cheryl
Apex, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essenstials-Plus/internet/Shopping-Essenstials-Plus-Unauthorized-Charges-Des-Plains-Internet-433346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essenstials Plus

Unauthorized Charges for Shopping Essentials Plus

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

This is an update - After speaking with a company representative, I received an email update that they would be cancelling my membership but never mentioned anything about crediting my bank back for the 39.90, so I sent an email reply asking them to confirm that would be crediting my account. THEY DID - I went into my account today and saw that they had credited my account. Please be careful as the charge was not authorized but wanted you all to know that they actually followed through with the credit.

Thanks,
Cheryl

NOT UNAUTHORIZED - YOU DID AGREE TO THEM

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Go back to the internet retailer and READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS