surrender

• Updated: Mon, April 13, 2009

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Shopping Essentials Plus
Internet U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials Plus Ripoff Scam from Shopping Essentials +, credit card charges for a membership I didn't order. Internet

I have now joined you other folks who have been ripped off by Shopping Essentials Plus on the internet. I just caught the charges on my bank statement that go back to November 2008 of $11.95 monthly.

I called my bank who told me to call the company, which I did. A rep told me that I authorized this charge back in November through a Web company called "The Stichery". I have never heard of them.

The rep told me she could cancel my "membership" and refund the current charge, but not back to November. My bank agrees saying that it was an approved charge on my part. Apparently I didn't uncheck a box when I checked out of whatever site I was on. Please be careful on the net and please read your bank statements! Should I give up trying to get my money back? What is my recourse?

Kapp
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2009 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials-Plus/internet/Shopping-Essentials-Plus-Ripoff-Scam-from-Shopping-Essentials-credit-card-charges-for-a-443255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials Plus