Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Manalapan New Jersey
Shopping Essentials
CT per Charge Card Statement Nationwide, Connecticut U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials ,SHOPPINGESSEN538336539 Fraudalent charge on unknown\unordered service or merchandise??? Connecticut Nationwide

I am one of the many victimized charge card owner of
this "Shopping Essentials" - I found out after calling
the 888 # posted on my charge statement that this a
membership online merchandise service? I never called
them and don't even know what they do???
I just realized that the company is automatically
charging me $14.95 monthly since Jan,2009. I called all
888 # which by the way differs from statement
to statement. I caught on to it when my statement showed
$14.95 as the only bill for the month. I then pulled out all my statements and realized that I am being scammed.

I called Citicard but it takes 2-3 wks to investigate & of course my credit will be marred if the bill is unpaid. I refused to pay and I called 888#s to dispute all the monthly charges. They told me that they can only cancel or discontinue the next month billing and credit me the current bill. I demanded they credit me all of the fraudalent monthly billings that I never ordered in the first place! Companies like this should not be allowed to operate anymore.How many consumers have been scammed by them!

Cyn
Manalapan, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials/Nationwide-Connecticut/Shopping-Essentials-SHOPPINGESSEN538336539-Fraudalent-charge-on-unknownunordered-service-464443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials