Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Fishkill New York
Shopping Essentials
P.O. Box 5152 Internet U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials Illegal charges for membership Internet

I had noticed a charge on my account for $11.95 from them. I had called my bank to complain and they gave me the phone number of the company who said I had signed up online which is false. I never signed up online as I am very careful what I check on when I place an order online. I have also received no membership information or any emails/letters as to the status of my account. When I called them, they did refund only the most recent month and I filed a complaint with my bank for the other 2 months they charged me.

They obtained my credit card from an online transaction somehow and now I will need to find out where it came from so I never visit that merchant ever again but it will be difficult as the name they gave me is not a company I ever ordered from.

I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general and better business bureau for starters just to make sure others know about this company and their deceptive practices.

Fishkill, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials/internet/Shopping-Essentials-Illegal-charges-for-membership-Internet-474445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials