Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials

• Updated: Wed, March 11, 2009

• Reported By:santa rosa beach Florida
Shopping Essentials
www.shopping-essentials.com Internet U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials Shopping essentials. anonymous charges on credit statement. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Ummm...

I was watching my money last month.So I was cutting back on my spending to ensure I wouldn't have overcharges.So while closely watching my account everyday.Shopping essentials popped up for $19.99 the day before.Knowing I didn't use the card at all for close to a week, this struck my curiosity.I googled shopping essentials and BAM.First thing I see is about 300 reports of abuse and fraud from this website.

That didn't help me right now, so I went and got hold of the number.Called and was pretty stern with them.They said it was a discount shopper card.When I was told about this service.It was suppose to give you off 5% of all walmart purchases.Plus a $25 dollar walmart card. Not only did I see absoulutely nothing about this after the phone call.

I was told I would be recieving emails about the so said subscribtion.Being that ...I asked him to reimburse my Money, and he said that he would.I then asked for some confirmation sent to me, and asked how it would be done.He replied with "Ohhh, well I will email you the confirmation"

I replied with "Thats great,Do you have my Email address Matthew Hammers?" (i.d. # 154099 which im sure is a fake number)

He said "sure do, and I will get that right out to you!"

I said "What is my email exactly sir?"

and he said"..............uhhh...........I'm sorry it doesnt look like we actually do have it on file sir.."

It was after that That I pretty much just kind of relized I was never going to see my money ever again.Lost to a scam on the phone.My own stupidity thrown in my face. So. I hope this helps someone, im still hoping I might actually get that reimbursment in 3- 5 buisness days.
Ohhh and matthew hammer (i.d. # 154099) also did not know the number to contact him.very convieniant if you ask me.

kevin
santa rosa beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 05:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials/internet/Shopping-Essentials-Shopping-essentials-anonymous-charges-on-credit-statement-Internet-432924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

In both cases - They state clearly that by taking the survey or the $$ off your current order offer, that you are signing up for this membership program.

I have always avoided it by making sure I read ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS that come with anything I do on the internet and make sure that check boxes are not checked if I do not want them.

Yes they are worthless membership programs - but its NOT A RIPOFF - or unauthorized charge - You agreed to it - you just failed to pay attention to what you were agreeing to.

The people behind these programs KNOW that most people CHOOSE NOT TO READ the terms and conditions and they take full advantage of it.

The Today show did a piece on these programs back in Aug 08. They checked every site that viewers complained about and every site HAD FULL DISCLOSURE and NO ONE EVER BOTHERED TO READ THEM!

Ummm...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

if it was anonymous how do you know what company made the charges? (Sorry just had to.)

Actually I would urge you to review your statement. Shopping essentials is a company that when you purchase something online with one of the companies they deal with, a popup comes up with the 'subscribe' button already selected. If you don't unsubscribe and close carefully, you are subscribing and agreeing to their fees. This has probably been coming out of your account for a while. Contact your card owner to file a dispute.

decisions