Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials

• Updated: Mon, December 03, 2007

• Reported By:HANOVER Pennsylvania
Shopping Essentials
shoppingessentials.com Internet U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials i used restaurants.com and was automaticcly signed up for this "program" Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It is Restaurant.com, not RestaurantS.com

*Consumer Suggestion: To Cancel

i used restaurants.com a few weeks ago to take my family to a local japenses restaurant... Today i was checking my bank account,,,, suprise there is a 14.95 chrage for something called shopping essentials.... So i call the bank and am told it is just a preauct. and there isnt anything they can do... WTF I call the number the bank gives me and am told a bunch of crap. Basiclly if i dont dispute they will give me a whole year of service for the 14.95.... a year of service of what???? I never authorized them to use my card for any savings program!!! I am a single mom who needs her money. BEWARE any programs that give u something for cheaper!!!!!!!!!

beckie
HANOVER, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2007 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials/internet/Shopping-Essentials-i-used-restaurantscom-and-was-automaticcly-signed-up-for-this-progra-279042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It is Restaurant.com, not RestaurantS.com

AUTHOR: Restaurants.com - (U.S.A.)

We believe you have mistaken us with restaurant.com (the one without an "S") as we do not sell discount gift certificate. In fact we just received a letter from BBB for the same complaint.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

I barely caught the terms of the money back survey and saw that I would be signed up for this "shopping essentials" that comes along with a monthly fee. I also saw that to cancel it you can call 1-888-999-0564. Good luck.

#3 Consumer Suggestion