Complaint Review: Shopping Essentials

• Submitted: Fri, July 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Shopping Essentials
shoppingessentials.com or restaurant.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Shopping Essentials 14.95 a month Houston Texas

I recently used restaurant.com to find gift certificates for eating out. I purchased two $25 dollar certificates and then received a $10 dollar certificate for free. I believed it to be included because I had made a purchase of two or more certificates or something of that nature.

However, I remembered the website saying that if I signed up for a 30 day trial with ShoppingEssentials.com, I would receive a $10 dollar cash-back rebate. I skipped it, but still received a $10 dollar certificate.

I googled the shoppingessentials.com-restaurant.com affiliation, and found many results consisting of allegations of fraudulent activity. This got me worried because I did not want my debit card being charged $14.95 a month after the 30 days passed.

So, I was wondering, if anyone else has been cheated by this, and did they get their $10 in the form of a certificate, or if the $10 was just put back on their credit card or debit card.

Thank you.

p.s. I called today and they said I wasn't listed as a member, which is an encouraging sign, but from what I hear you can't trust these people at all. Please help.

Jsteele
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2009 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shopping-Essentials/nationwide/Shopping-Essentials-1495-a-month-Houston-Texas-470947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shopping Essentials