Complaint Review: Shoppingessentials

• Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Canton Ohio
Shoppingessentials
shopping-essentials.com Internet U.S.A.

Shoppingessential,Shoppingessentials They are affiliated with Restaurant.com. They said I clicked "yes" to sign up for their services on 10/27/07! Internet

*Consumer Comment: If you took the $$ off offer or completed the Survey - YES YOU DID

I discovered a charge of 17.95 entered twice on my March,2009 charge statement. Upon calling the toll free number,they said I had clicked "yes" to their offer on 10/27/07. I do not remember doing this as I am really careful with web sites. I was on Restaurant.com which is a website affiliated with the Entertainment book. I bought some gift certificates for restaurants and somehow they included this membership unbeknownst to me. They did not ever send me a letter with any membership literature that showed me what I was entitled to. I had never heard of this website until I noticed this on my statement. I called my credit card and requested a fraudulent claim form,so hopefully I will get a full refund.

Terry
Canton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoppingessentials/internet/ShoppingessentialShoppingessentials-They-are-affiliated-with-Restaurantcom-They-said-I-430327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoppingessentials

If you took the $$ off offer or completed the Survey - YES YOU DID

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

IT STATES IN THE DISCLOSURES FOR BOTH SIGN YOU UP FOR THE WORTHLESS MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM -

YOU CHOSE NOT TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I suggest you go back and read it

YOUR FAULT