Complaint Review: Shore Mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, June 11, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:attica Michigan
Shore Mortgage
770 South Adams Rd. 800 Birmingham, Michigan U.S.A.

Shore Mortgage Delayed processing application untill rate lock expired Birmingham Michigan

*Author of original report: Shore Mortgage fixed it

*Consumer Comment: shore mortgage fixed the priblem

*UPDATE Employee: Just saw this

In March 2009 I inquired about a refi with Lending Tree. They recommended Shore Mortgage. I was contacted by Mr. Sadik of Shore Mortgage and we reviewed what I wanted to do. I wanted to go from a 30 yr to a 15 and take advantage of the new lower rates. Mr Sadik drew up the application, I paid the (good faith) $395 deposit and waited for the appraisal. After numerous calls and e-mails concerning the application and credit report questions were answered, we locked the rate in @4.5%. That was in the middle of may. I e-mailed Shore Mortgage 5/28/09 complaining that I had not heard from them and they said they had fired my sales representitive and had tried to contact me. I was given a new guy who said he would get the ball rolling. He calls me on 6/03/09 and asks "what do I want to do". I say "lets close". He says "He will call me with the dates".

I e-mail him 6/08/09 asking him "whats going on with the closing"

I get an e-mail back saying "I will be out of the office from Thursday June 4th, returning Wednesday June 10th. I will be checking my e-mails periodically and will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you" .

I get an e-mail today from him "Mr. Beebe, sorry for the delay. I just reviewed your file with the processors and they are just updating your payoffs to get prepared for our clear to close from underwriting. The only issue I see is that your rate lock had expired last month. Rates unfortunately have gotten worse since then and I wanted to make you aware. I know we were looking at a 4.5 on a 15 year, but at this point it would cost more than it is worth to get to 4.5. I think the best rate/cost combination for you is going to be the 5.0% rate based on the 15 year mortgage. Since we are keeping you under 90% loan to value, you will not have any monthly mortgage insurance, which will definitely add on to the savings. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

I responded "Not interested, and it seems rather funny that the delay was the result of your company's incompetence. For the point of argument, when did the rate lock expire? Can I get a copy of my appraisal that I for all practical purposes paid for? Are there any governmental agencies that watch over mortgage companies that I could file a complaint with?"

Robert
attica, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 06:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shore-Mortgage/Birmingham-Michigan-48009/Shore-Mortgage-Delayed-processing-application-untill-rate-lock-expired-Birmingham-Michigan-460610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shore Mortgage

Shore Mortgage fixed it

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

After a little complaining, shore mortgage fixed the problem.

shore mortgage fixed the priblem

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

After complaining a little, Shore Mortgage fixed the problem. Every thing I wrote in the first complaint occured, however Shore mortgage did rectify all the issues.

Just saw this

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

I work for the company; I also worked indirectly with Kevin. If it makes you feel any better, part of why he was let go was directly related to your transaction.

I also understand how you feel burned. Any time a loan officer here is fired or quits, it is sometimes a painful transition for their clients in process. The ones who are let go or quit, themselves, are generally removed for their lack of ability to organize a loan origination and closing, which leaves the rest of us working hard to pick up the pieces and salvage those transactions we can.

I worked for another Michigan-based lender prior to being with Shore, and this seems to be a problem all over, with the client getting beat up because their loan officer canned.