• Report: #201984

• Submitted: Wed, July 19, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 30, 2006

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Shore Mortgage
770 South Adams Road Birmingham, Michigan U.S.A.

Shore Mortgage Refuses to refund Appraisal Fee after cancelled mortgage refinance Birmingham Michigan

*Author of original report: HOLY SMOKE!!! They refunded the money

*Author of original report: HOLY SMOKE!!! They refunded the money

*Author of original report: 30 days later - No better - Hello Lending Tree and BBB.

My wife and I wanted to refinance our house so we went to Lending Tree. Shore Mortgage was one of the lenders that responded with an attractive rate. We were contacted by Michael Lamparski who proceeded to talk to us about our options. After talking to him a second time on the phone we had decided to refinance our house. He had us fill out the obligatory paperwork and took a $395.00 fee on my debit card to pay for our home appraisal. After faxing the information he wanted, my wife and I talked some more and changed our mind about the refinance and asked to cancel our application. Mike cancelled the application and I asked about the return of our $395.00. He told me that he would have to "check on that and get back to me". The next day I still had not heard from him and decided to call him. The secretary that answered the phone put me directly into his voicemail and I waited to hear from him until well after lunch. I called back at the end of the day and spoke to his manager, Dawn Mcarty. She was not friendly at all when I asked about our refund. She said that it was in accounting and that the $395.00 was really an application fee, not an appraisal fee and moreover we were not entitled to receiving a refund of the entire amount. One week later I called he back because the reduced amount of the refund had still not been received into my bank account. She proceeds to tell me that it takes 30-60 days to refund it back to my card!! After thanking her for her time, I hung up and came straight here and posted this report because I WILL get my $395.00 back from Shore Mortgage, one way or another!

Please understand based on my experience, if you choose to use this company that the "appraisal fee" that they refer to is really an "application fee" and you are not entitled to an entire refund should you choose to cancel your request to refinance. Also, it will take 30-60 days to get a refund of any funds.

Dawn or Mike, if you read this, refund my money and I will gladly post that you have done so.

I will also be contacting Lending Tree abd the BBB in your area to inform them as well.

Brian
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2006 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shore-Mortgage/Birmingham-Michigan-48009/Shore-Mortgage-Refuses-to-refund-Appraisal-Fee-after-cancelled-mortgage-refinance-Birmingh-201984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shore Mortgage

HOLY SMOKE!!! They refunded the money

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Today I received a check. Shore Mortgage refunded the money they owed me. As promised, I posted this follow-up. I will update Lending Tree as well. Thank you Dawn and Mike.

HOLY SMOKE!!! They refunded the money

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

30 days later - No better - Hello Lending Tree and BBB.

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

It is 30 days later and still nothing. I have registered a complaint with Lending Tree and have requested the funds be returned to me under the purchase protection with my Credit Union (via Mastercard). I was told that the funds would be returned on a probationary basis until the merchant had time to respond (what a rip!). So much for "purchase protection" on a debit card. I will NEVER do that again with any company! Since the Shore Mortgage reps (Mike Lamparski and his manager Dawn McCarty) are not responding to my emails or phone calls, this was the next route. I am not sure if it will do any good, but my next objective is small claims court.

On a positive note: Lending Tree was very sincere about the complaint process and I felt like they took this seriously.

Dawn, Mike - I am still waiting for my money... I WILL get my $395.00 back from your company. You both know for a fact that I gave you that money for an appraisal that you never provided and that I have cancelled the loan application and I am entitled to the refund on a timely basis!! (All of which I have SOLID documentation)