Complaint Review: Shoreline Event Management

• Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Scam Hater — United States of America
Shoreline Event Management
282A Quarry Rd Milford, Connecticut United States of America

Shoreline Event Management Smart Circle Lies to Prospective Employees Milford, Connecticut

*General Comment: Glad I saw this before applying

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Get shut down is right!!!

*Author of original report: No shocker

*General Comment: Shoreline Event Management now under new name again?? TGD Marketing Solutions???

They found me on Careerbuilder.com and sent me an email where they are looking for people for various positions, including Advertising/Public Relations, Management. So I go for the Interview and find out all they are really looking for are sales reps.

So I go through the interview, hear they want me to come back the following business day and go "shadow" am account mgr. for 2 hours to see what they do to make sales. If I do well, they will hire me.

Well, I had a bad feeling about this, so I came home and Googled this company and its parent owner, Smart Circle. All I found here were tons of reports of employees being scammed, etc. and people being told NEVER to work for these people as it's all a pyramid scheme. Found other websites as well and was told at every single one to RUN, DO NOT WALK, BUT RUN away from these people.

Anyway, I decided to follow my gut feeling and stay away from this company. I just wish I had done and Internet search on them before wasting 1 1/2 hours of my life driving to the interview and spending 10 minutes with the interviewer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shoreline-Event-Management/Milford-Connecticut-06405/Shoreline-Event-Management-Smart-Circle-Lies-to-Prospective-Employees-Milford-Connecticut-977143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shoreline Event Management

#1 General Comment

Glad I saw this before applying

AUTHOR: JobSeeker - ()

They have recently changed their name to Crown Advertising with multiple job postings, many of which are directed towards entry level job seekers in New Haven/Milford, CT. They also created a FB page to post pictures and that is how I found out about Jaclyn Zepernick. Thanks for all the warnings!!! I won't be applying there after reading these postings.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Get shut down is right!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

Yup I really don't know how they still In business!!! The owner is just a spoiled bratt that does nothing but brain washes everybody, takes (steals) $$ from the reps on the down low & totally f*** with everybody's taxes in the end of the yr! They should def get shut down! Lets see how long it will take to change the name again! I'll give 6 months lol!!!

No shocker

AUTHOR: Scam Hater - ()

There's a new one...a scammer changing the name of the company....just being sarcastic....like it's a surprise. The people who own such company's ought to be shut down and kept shut down.

#4 General Comment

AUTHOR: - ()

Let's change the name again so people can't find enough info on them. Looks like Shoreline Event Management is under a new name. TGD Marketing solutions,,,really? Same phone # tho!