Complaint Review: Shorttask.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 28, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: Laurie — Pawcatuck Connecticut USA
Shorttask.com

Shorttask.com non payment for services, disappearing money Internet

*Author of original report: More information

I completed a task over a month ago on their site. I was supposed to be paid $13.00 for completion of the task. The $13.00 was credited to my account on their site, but when I attempted to withdraw it into my PayPal account, the money disappeared. It is no longer in my shorttask account, or in my PayPal. I emailed them repeatedly, demanding my money. I received a response a couple of weeks ago, stating that they were having technical difficulties with PayPal, and that as soon as these issues were resolved, that all withdrawal requests would be processed. I still don't have my money, and have sent yet another email to them, once again, demanding my money, and advising them that I don't care about their technical issues, that they can either send it to my AlertPay account, or simply mail me a check. So far, no response. I'm extremely angry, and want my money. If anyone out there is considering working for these clowns, DON"T DO IT! You'll do the work, but you won't be paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shorttaskcom/internet/Shorttaskcom-non-payment-for-services-disappearing-money-Internet-802318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shorttask.com

More information

AUTHOR: zalloy - (USA)

The owner/operator of Shorttask is Mr. Harrison Barnes. From what I've been reading elsewhere, he is a well known scam artist, and had even been banned from Amazon's Mechanical Turk for posting fraudulent tasks. He would post tasks under assumed names as a way to get clicks to affiliate links.

All this guy is trying to do is to get people to do his SEO and BS tasks to move his sites up the ranks in search engines, and then not paying the people doing the work. His site is a joke.

Avoid his businesses at all costs!!!