Complaint Review: Showland Theatre

Showland Theatre
7643 Oak Rd, Plymouth, IN Plymouth, Indiana USA

Showland Theatre Not a family friendly theatre! Plymouth Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Really???

I am writing you this email to explain my dissatisfaction in your movie theatre.  My family and I attempted to go see the movie Pain and Gain at 6:30pm tonight.  Before visiting your location again I visited your website among many others and decided your timing of the show worked very well for our family.  Also I checked your website to see if there were any restrictions after 6pm and found NONE. As my family and I entered the theatre we stood in a long line due to another customer being inconvenienced because you choose not to offer credit cards at the box office (huge disadvantage I must say especially considering your ATM is a worthless fixture).  Once it was our turn and we were asked how we could be helped, I explained to the young lady that we needed four tickets to see pain and gain.  After taking our money she stopped and stated we could not see the movie because children were not allowed after 6pm.
The problem here is simple... I decided to keep my business local (yes I live in Plymouth too).  I could have went to Warsaw, South Bend, Mishawaka, or Valparaiso to see this movie but I decided to visit your theatre in Plymouth.  After promising my children a movie they were told NO by your policy!  A policy that makes absolutely no sense considering I could go to the drive in and have no problem seeing the same movie!
I am very displeased by this lack of customer service and the ridiculous policy!  What a Mother's Day present you gave to us!   I will NEVER do business with Tri-Way or Showland again!  I'm in the customer service business as well but at my business we refuse to say NO.  As you should already know an upset customer will normally tell 10 people of their bad experience.  However, you couldn't get so lucky.  I intend on publicly announcing my dissatisfaction to all 351 of my facebook friends and considering the average person on facebook has 190 friends, hopefully at least 60,990 people will know how you refused a family a night of entertainment on Mother's Day...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Showland-Theatre/Plymouth-Indiana-46563/Showland-Theatre-Not-a-family-friendly-theatre-Plymouth-Indiana-1050349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Showland Theatre

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

I found the policy in less than 5 minutes - guess you did not reseach the site enough - are your children under 11?? The policy is under the About Showland link.  They did not make any mistakes YOU did.

The movie rating system set forth by the Motion Picture Association of America was designed to prevent the viewing of inappropriate material by kids under the age of 17 without an accompanying parent or guardian (Parental permission is not acceptable). This system will only work with the help of parents.

• We will card for any "R-Rated" movies Showland is currently showing or will play in the future.
  • No children 11 & under will be admitted to R-Rated movies for shows 6pm and after.
  • You must be 17 years or older to view a movie that is R-Rated.
  • We may request a picture ID at the box office and/or at the time you enter the theatre.
  • Persons under 17 must view the movie with accompanying parent or Legal Guardian of 21 years or older.
  • If a person of 17 years is purchasing more than one ticket, everyone in the group must have a picture ID.
  • Violators ( Those buying tickets for one movie, but sneaking into an R-Rated movie) will be ejected from the theatre with no refund (No Discussion) !

Thank you. Showland Cinemas Management