Complaint Review: Shuan Firtell And Satellite Professionals Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, May 16, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Shuan Firtell And Satellite Professionals Inc.
Camas/Vancouver, Washington U.S.A.

So Called Bodd Shuan Firtell And Satellite Professionals Inc. Little Sales Rep Nate SCAM... Satellite Professionals Inc. Crooks... SCAM subcontractor fot Dish Network Camas/Vancouver Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: I am the middle man !

*UPDATE Employee: Checking In Regarding Your Issue

*Consumer Comment: Beware of Shaun Firtell

* : confused

*Consumer Comment: Dish network sucks and did not save me anything i pay 3 times now

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This scenario never happened. "Jack is a liar" He has defamed our company!

Watch out for Shaun Firtell and his sales rep Nate in the Camas/Vancouver, Washington area going door to door trying to sell Dish Network service through their company Satellite Professionals Inc. Now I want to make this very clear Dish Network is not to blame, I spoke with them and they do not want people like this representing there company and were appalled at their actions. Basically these two wolves in sheep's clothing Shaun and Nate go door to door praying on the elderly.

I had to come to the rescue for my elderly neighbor who was taken advantage of and told that she would save all this money monthly if she switch to their satellite service. In reality she wouldn't save money until two years after she had the service. They had her signed up to recieve not one not two but three DVR boxes doesn't have a clue what they are or how to use them but he put it on there. Told her the installation was free but was charger her almost $200.

I was wondering if it were common practice to invite yourself in have the elderly lady make several dishes of food go through her mail and look at her bills (not just cable bills but all of them) to see if she can "afford" the service. After catching this before they came to install i call with my neighbor and tried to cancel the install the proceeded to harass this lady and myself calling over 10 different occasion cursing swearing saying that they'll just go back and have her sign it again when i am not there its pitiful they wouldn't leave it alone and kept on and on giving me false names and addresses threatening to retaliate and wanted to meet man to man i mean these people were sick sick in the head i know times are tough but that is no excuse to treat people like that scaring the elderly lady making her call the police.

Don't ever do business with these totally unprofessional scary creepy people Again stay away from Satellite Professionals Inc. Shaun Firtell and Nate going door to door in the Vancouver, WA and Camas, WA area

Jack
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shuan-Firtell-And-Satellite-Professionals-Inc/CamasVancouver-Washington-98607/So-Called-Bodd-Shuan-Firtell-And-Satellite-Professionals-Inc-Little-Sales-Rep-Nate-SCAM-452619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shuan Firtell And Satellite Professionals Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I am the middle man !

AUTHOR: Duane - (USA)

I am a DISH Network Retailer or in other words "the middle man".  DISH Network is a very large company with millions of customers.  If you were to ask me if they have ever made a mistake I would have to say yes.  That's where I come in.  My 2,500+ customers that we have installed and service come to me with their issues.  That's my job.  There isn't a week that goes by that I'm not solving one issue or another.  Most of the time it is a simple misunderstanding that can be cleared up quickly, but sometimes it takes longer.  DISH Network pays the retailer so that there is someone to go to in the community.  The cost is the same to the consumer so why wouldn't you go to the local guy?

Duane

Checking In Regarding Your Issue

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

Hi there, Tim!  I wanted to get an update from you in regards to this situation you've posted.  Did you call in and speak to one of our representatives?  If so, how did the discussion go?  Let me know if you need further assistance with this, and exactly where we stand, and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Beware of Shaun Firtell

AUTHOR: observer1 - (United States of America)

He is a liar! I have plenty of knowledge on the his work ethics, outbursts, scams, thieving, and plenty other things I cannot post for the public to see. Beware of Shaun Firtell. Comes off as a cool, calm collected, witty humored guy. Dont let him suck you in!

#4

confused

AUTHOR: Shaun - (USA)

My name is Shaun, I worked for these guys for about 10 days. Number one I am just an independent contractor that does installations for Dish, I am not a sales rep nor have I ever gone door to door selling anyone anything.

I don't know how my name even became attached to this complaint, I am just the guy that puts a dish on your roof and hooks up the tvs. I could not comment on the individual sales techniques Nate or any other person connected with this company uses. I only ever met Andy the owner and Spencer his assistant. I never accompanied anybody house to house, they just called me to do some installations.

I answered an ad on Craigslist and as I said did several installations for them, I moved on to a different company because I needed more stable work.

I just want to add two things, this is a legitimate dealer for Dish, you get what you pay for. As for predatory salesmen misleading unknowing elderly people...I wouldn't doubt it. I however can not comment if this did indeed occur as I have no first hand knowledge nor have I ever met Nate.

To sum this up I am totally confused how my name made it here, I would not have even known except a woman called me last night that was being approached by this company and called me when they gave her my number as a reference??? I'm even more confused by that. My experience with the door to door companies selling Dish and Directv has been mixed, some of these guys will say anything to make a sale and get a commission. But please don't include the installers with this bunch, we are just average Joes with ladders working our butts off for peanuts. Some installers don't have much experience and others do, if your in doubt and want to switch to Satellite then just call the companies directly and cut out these middlemen.

Shaun Firtell

Dish network sucks and did not save me anything i pay 3 times now

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Dish network did the same thing to me promised i'd save so much money having them instead of Comcast. I was paying 99.00 for cable,phone and internet with Comcast and now i Pay 99.00 just for satelite that i can only watch sometimes when its not raining or cloudy and sometimes even when its nice out my satelite says searching for signal.I hate dish network and warn anyone who has the option for cable to get it instead of satelite, all you get is a bunch of channels you don't ever watch,I hate this mess and can't wait til my contract is up.I wouldnt care to pay the 99.00 a month just for satelite if it was worth it,but it is not don't believe them when they say they can save you money and give you better t.v. it is far from true.The only reason i would ever have dish is because i live somewhere that cable is not available and then i would be very hesitate of them. I am going to call monday and have them put package down to the lowest possible and use the box and rabbit ears so i can watch local channels.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This scenario never happened. "Jack is a liar" He has defamed our company!

AUTHOR: Spencer (owner) - (U.S.A.)

I want to call out "Jack," even though that isnt his real name. This individual isnt a neighbor like he says. He is the son of the elderly woman. She was set up to switch over to Dish Network from Comcast, which would've saved her substantially. It was too bad that her over-protective son thought she was too old to make any decisions on her own. We talked to "Jack" a couple of times. He had his concerns. Bottom-line is his mother was never installed, she was never charged anything. We let her out of her contract. Frankly, we were very nice, and professional about handling her son's concerns. Her son "Jack" called and threatened our sales representative on a few occasions. That was the end of it. That is why when I heard of this report. I was blown away by how incorrect his report really is. I dont know why he is so bitter or why he feels that he has to spread lies about our company. We are professional. We hold all of our sales guys and installer to a high standard. I can back up all of our guys. We expect our guys to be honest and ethical day in and day out. We have hundreds of satisfied customers. So anyone reading this, I would say "dont believe everything you read" Let us show you how great our service really is. Thanks.