Complaint Review: Shutterfly

• Submitted: Sat, February 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 06, 2010

• Reported By: melf — Canton Ohio United States of America
Shutterfly

Shuttterfly is a rip off from start to finish! They are deceptive and sneaky in every way possible! Internet

I took my children to see Santa at the mall and "purchased" 2 pictures and what I thought was a  $10 gift card to Shutterfly.com  so that I could  get on-line and purchase more pictures of my children with Santa. I just happened to look at the gift card on Jan 31 and noticed it was expiring in just a few hours!!! Obviously not a gift card but a coupon!

I got on-line and choose to make two collages of my son. Since there were no pictures of the kids with Santa! I went to pay for the pictures and sure enough it would not take the "gift card. I turn it over and read the fine print and it says Blah Blah Blah can not be used with any other coupons or promotions. I look through the web site and noticed that all but a few things were on sale including regular pictures. I  spend 2.5 more hours down loading and cropping and removing red eye to get to check out and you guessed it... It will not let me use my gift card! They have given me a coupon for 50 free pictures to be used by 2-28 and are forcing me to use that one instead of the one that expires in 30 minutes!!!

I give up and go to bed!!

The next day I call and get some person in India! He assures me that I can purchase the collages and he will fix it in a couple hours so that I can order my pictures.

Two hours later I go to the web site and try again! NO Luck! I call India again and the girl fixes it Hurray! Success!! OH just wait it is not over!!!

I had gone to ripoff report.com and had read about the charges people were getting to their credit card without them knowing. Luckily I did and had seen on a morning show that INTERNET sites were doing this. When I pay for shipping on my pictures I see type that says click here to enroll in our monthly blah blah blah. Underneath the words is a gray bar that says continue! If I had not read this web site I would have clicked that bar thinking I was continuing with my order. Thank goodness I did not and hit the back space to see my order was complete.

Today I got my collages and of course it was the wrong one! They sent me two of the same which I am sure I did not order!!!!I went back to the web site to see if maybe I had made a mistake and there is no record of what pictures I ordered just that I ordered 2 collages!

I really feel that they made a "mistake" on my order so that I will give them more of my money!! I am going to call Monday and see if they will send me the right pictures. I think these people are trained to keep putting you off so you will finally give up and spend some money. The same thing happened to me with Samsung. They kept sending me a dead battery hoping I would cave in and go buy a new one!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2010 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shutterfly/internet/Shuttterfly-is-a-rip-off-from-start-to-finish-They-are-deceptive-and-sneaky-in-every-way-565617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Shutterfly