• Report: #691928

• Updated: Mon, February 07, 2011

• Reported By: Jeff — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Siam Trading Post

Siam Trading Post BEWARE of this company Internet

*Consumer Comment: A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!!! Mine was PERFECT!!!

If you are considering making a purchase from this company, please read this before you complete your order.
    I ordered an NHL hockey jersey from this company on 12/18/2010.  Initially everything seemed on the up and up.  I received an email confirmation that my credit card would be charged and that my merchandise should arrive by US Postal Service on, or about 1/12/2011.  When I still had not received the item by 1/18/2011, I sent an email to the contact at Siam Trading Post.  The reply I got back from them was that they had confirmed that the item had shipped and actually included in-depth tracing information that showed the item at each stage of shipping as it left the Phillipines.  The problem was that it ended with the tracking showing "delivered to local postal carrier".  I waited a few more days and sent a follow-up e-mail to Siam Trading Post, suggesting that I would dispute the charges with my CC company if they did not make delivery or at least confirm a delivery within a specified time frame.  This is when things started to get ugly.
    I could not believe the response that I received from Siam Trading Post Company.  They basically stated that they had no control over the US postal Service and that I should contact the USPS to find out where the item was.  They added that for me to dispute the chares with my CC company would amount to FRAUD on my part.  Yes, that's right - they accused me of FRAUD.  FRAUD - this was simply for wanting to receive my mechandise that they had charged me for.
    I went back and forth with them with a few more emails, and I was then called a LIAR, and that "truth was on their side".  So I finally did dispute this with my CC company and have received the credit back on account.  Even my CC company was amazed at the story I related to them.
    The bottom line here is that I picture this company as working out of some straw market somewhere in the third world.  They have no idea how to run a business, they have no business ethics, and from what I've seen on previous posts on this site, they have been rude to other customers as well.  Remember the old addage that "you get what you pay for".  STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND PAY THE EXTRA PRICE FOR DEALING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS REPUTABLE.
    PS - I fully expect that you will see a rebuttal to this report from this company in the near future.  They will try to tell you that I am the fraud and liar.  Just watch.  That is their business model!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Siam-Trading-Post/internet/Siam-Trading-Post-BEWARE-of-this-company-Internet-691928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Siam Trading Post

A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE!!! Mine was PERFECT!!!

AUTHOR: Capt. Thomas, U.S.M.C. - ()

My name is Thomas, a Retired United States Marine, and I would like to share my experience with Siam Trading Post, just because it differed so greatly. I had ordered a specialized jersey from them, which had to be all custom made from scratch, a project that was NOT easy. The price seemed BEYOND cheap, and so I thought I would take a chance. But to be honest, I would NOT have been shocked if the quality of the jersey I ordered was not up to par. For $100.00, what would you REALLY expect right??? Well, when I received it yesterday, that couldn't be further from the truth. The quality of the jersey I received easily rivaled a Mitchell & Ness, which is the pinnacle for all jersey making, period!!! Everything was done PERFECTLY, and to ask them to do what I asked them to do, was NOT easy workmanship. But this is a company I will HIGHLY recommend, and being active in all the Marine Corps leagues and the VA, they will definitely receive the recognition they so rightly deserve.

I wrote to the gentleman who took care of my order, Art, and he corresponded back and forth with me continuously, letting me know how it was going, and that he would take care of every detail. And ALL of his responses were NEVER longer than 8 hours, which again, was SHOCKING, especially coming from overseas.

Now the person that wrote the above experience, I’m sorry that he didn’t share or experience what I did. But I also didn’t ask for a specific date in delivery or completion like he did when dealing with delivery. I received my jersey here in Las Vegas, by the Post Office, within 3 weeks. And to my surprise, the jersey was sent certified mail. That’s VERY rare; trust me, when ordering jerseys. Most are sent by UPS, and are dropped off on the front porch, My Rod Carew jersey, which I just recently ordered from MLB.com, was a front porch package too, and that was an almost $300.00 jersey (Of course I had to order a Rod Carew jersey, he was a FORMER MARINE).

Luckily so far none have gone missing, but I am ALWAYS concerned about that happening. To this date, after ordering a total of 38 Jersey’s in the mail, this is the ONLY Company to have me sign for the parcel, imagine that??? Now, I’m NOT about to call the Jeff a liar, because I wouldn’t know. All I can talk about is my OWN recent experience. As I said, it took about three weeks to come, and since it was coming from overseas, and I lived overseas, being a Marine, I know the length of time it takes to deliver things. And to ask for an exact date is ALMOST impossible. But if you are patient, as I am, the company will NOT disappoint you. I’m sorry that Jeff had such a terrible experience with Siam Trading Company, but I didn’t.

Now you may ask how do I know the company?? Well, it was a SHOT in the dark, since about 7 Companies were printing the jersey of SHANE FALCO, from the film The Replacements. But I wanted “SMITH” on the back of the jersey, with #42, not #16. Ray Smith #42 was the cornerback in the film, and being that I played college football, he was the ONLY player on the field that I believed actually played, and he was tough as hell. So for them to change all of that for me was GREATLY appreciated. But when it came, it was PERFECT!!! As I stated before, the jersey looks EXACTLY like a Mitchell & Ness Official Jersey, that’s how CLEAN it appears. Now I DEFINITELY will order the Shane Falco as well, after being so thankful for the workmanship.

May I also add that I NEVER write feedback or any of this stuff because I believe how many people actually read these things and pay attention to it. But when I showed my wife and daughters this jersey and how EXACT it was to what I asked for. To me, after such effort and hard work, someone needs to be FULLY recognized for such GREAT WORK. Please keep in mind; all I do in writing this note is offer you a different opinion, as well as a different experience. And anyone is more than welcome to write to me here in Las Vegas, NV, and if you’re in town, I’ll even stop by on the Las Vegas Blvd and show you their work. All I want to say is I’m THANKFUL, and I believe you will be too…