Complaint Review: Sienna Pointe Vizslas/Cathy Gallagher

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, August 12, 2012

• Reported By:Algonquin Illinois
Sienna Pointe Vizslas/Cathy Gallagher
1405 Surrey Lane Algonquin, Illinois U.S.A.

Sienna Pointe Vizslas/Cathy Gallagher CONSUMER WARNING! Algonquin Illinois

*General Comment: Rally was euthanized

*General Comment: I owe gratitude to Ms Gallagher

*Author of original report: Time proves everything

*Author of original report: Proof is in the pudding

*Consumer Comment: Happy Customer of Cathy Gallagher/Sienna Pointe

*Author of original report: The case never changed our focus for Rally

*Consumer Comment: Seriously?

*Author of original report: A court ruling set the record straight

*Consumer Comment: Setting the record straight

*Author of original report: Court Cases are made for very good reasons

*Consumer Comment: In support of Cathy Gallagher/Sienna Pointe

*Author of original report: Ms. Gallagher lost her legal action

*Consumer Comment: Donna - this is rather a vague accusation, also somewhat convenient....

*Consumer Comment: I AM DONNA....sorry, no fraud here

*Consumer Comment: Donna is a fraud; Cathy has sold only 1 puppy in Algonquin - to Steve and his family

*Consumer Comment: Donna, why don't you enlighten us.....

*Consumer Comment: But you're all the same people.

*Consumer Comment: REBUTTAL -- NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Only positive experiences with Sienna Pointe Vizslas

*Consumer Comment: We stand with Cathy!

*Consumer Comment: Cathy Gallagher is incredibly compassionate, fair, and honest. Highly Recommended!

*Consumer Comment: Sienna Pointe Vizslas (Cathy & Larry Gallagher) highly recommended, ethical breeders with a positive reputation that crosses international borders!

*Consumer Comment: Passion and Compassion Best Describes Sienna Pointe / Highly Recommended

*Consumer Comment: Sienna Pointe Vizslas are among the finest breeders that exist.

*Consumer Comment: There is NO merit to this report

*Consumer Comment: nice try

*Consumer Comment: 110% Satisfied Customer of Sienna Pointe Vizslas

*Consumer Comment: Happy with Sienna Points Experience

*Consumer Comment: Cathy Gallager/Seinna Point is outstanding! Viszlas

*Consumer Comment: Why file more reports instead of updating and responding to the questions and comments on the original?

*Consumer Comment: Great experience with Sienna Pointe Vizslas

*Consumer Comment: Outstanding Breeder

*Consumer Comment: Owner of a Sienna Pointe Vizsla

*Consumer Comment: Gee, filing another like this without responding to any comments on the other and leaving SO much out from even your original report seems to say much

BUYER BEWARE....WARNING.....PLEASE BE CAREFUL HERE!!! Ms. Gallagher of Sienna Pointe Vizslas is NOT honoring the contract we signed on 7/17/07 for our vizsla puppy. She has kept our family dog from us beyond our agreed upon return date, claiming ownership without ANY legal documents to back up that claim. If you are even thinking of purchasing a vizsla puppy or dog, PLEASE, do NOT consider buying from this company. We simply do not want anyone else to experience the trauma we've been through over the past many months with Ms. Gallagher.

Steve
Algonquin, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sienna-Pointe-VizslasCathy-Gallagher/Algonquin-Illinois-60102/Sienna-Pointe-VizslasCathy-Gallagher-CONSUMER-WARNING-Algonquin-Illinois-444357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sienna Pointe Vizslas/Cathy Gallagher

#1 General Comment

Rally was euthanized

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Rally was euthanized two weeks ago due to complications from prostate cancer. Ms. Gallagher was extremely supportive of our family during the time he was sick. I am the original author and reached out to Cathy after Rally was diagnosed. I could have not done this without her tremendous support. We have forgiven each other and I sincerely believe forgiveness and compassion led to Rally having the best care and support possible. He will be missed terribly but continues to live in spirit.

#2 General Comment

I owe gratitude to Ms Gallagher

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I recently euthanized Rally due to complications with prostate cancer. I reached out to Ms. Gallagher after Rally was diagnosed. She provided Rally, My Family and I tremendous support during these trying times. We both forgave and did what was best for Rally. I highly recommend you purchase a Vizsla from Cathy. SHe will be there to support you and your dog no matter what!!! Rally was blessed to have so many wonderful people who loved and supported him. His spirit still lIves on as he taught us all to live in the moment and offer love, compassion and forgiveness.

Time proves everything

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It has been over two years since Rally was returned to us as a result of winning the trial and a judge's order affirming Rally belonged to us and that no breach of contract occurred as was being alleged by Ms. Gallagher. Rally is doing great. He is healthy and happy. He gets one, sometimes two walks a day. We adopted a kitten from the Huntley shelter we volunteer at. Rally and the kitten get along great! The kitten loves to follow Rally and even sleeps from time to time with him. Time is sometimes the equalizer when it comes to proving something or someone wrong. The jury 's correct decision is affirmed in this one because time has proven it. Our family has been attacked in past posts by those who have never met us or Rally. It was amazing to me that despite a unanimous decision by a jury they still felt the plaintiff in this case was correct in the actions she took. There were allegations made against us that we're totally false. I guess integrity, honesty and the truth does not matter even if it was backed up by a trial and a jury! The important thing is Rally's welfare. We endured all this because we believed the truth would present itself.

We volunteer at the Huntley animal shelter. For those who want to buy a dog from a breeder please consider adopting one of the many dogs from the Huntley "no kill" shelter. There are many great dogs looking for a family that will love them unconditionally. We walk these dogs often and they just need a family that is willing to adopt and care for them. Many of these poor animals were never given the opportunities to live a normal life. If you cannot adopt or are not up to that task, consider donating your time or donating much needed goods. These shelters exist only because of the generous donations they receive.

If you purchase a dog from a breeder make sure you ask a lot of questions. The two most important is if they have another job (those that are making enough of a profit without additional income I would avoid) and to what extent they are involved in rescue efforts and in supporting their local shelters. Of course make sure everything is in writing. If you leave your dog at the breeder 's dwelling put something in writing. Do not make the same mistake we made using trust as the motivation for doing so.

Proof is in the pudding

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I am glad you have had a good experience with Sienna Pointe Vizsla. We felt the same way after purchasing our puppy. This is why I trusted Cathy so much without putting things in writing. My message is simply do not trust anyone with your dog. Put things in writing when leaving your dog in the care of any individual. It will benefit you, the caretaker and most importantly your dog. As far as believing anything please reference the case in Mchenry County in which a jury unanimously ruled in our favor. It is human nature to sometimes ignore facts. Rest assured most juries get it right when issuing a ruling. Collectively they are very smart and arrive at the right decision. Sorry but you can't spin the truth in this unfortunate situation. In a way we lost too by being denied two years of our dog's life. We are more than making up for lost time. Rally is pretty spoiled as he gets to sleep with our Son every night. Take care of your Vizsla and give her all the love and attention she deserves!

Happy Customer of Cathy Gallagher/Sienna Pointe

AUTHOR: Penny''s Mom - (United States of America)

I truly hope that no one reading this man's complaints about Cathy believe them. We purchased a puppy from Cathy's March 2011 litter and we could not have been more pleased with the service we received both before and after taking our puppy home. We also adore our puppy and she is complimented everywhere for her beauty, her intelligence, and her good nature. If you are looking for an amazing vizsla, you need look no further than Sienna Pointe.

The case never changed our focus for Rally

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

If telling the truth is disingenuous so be it. I am sure
it is a convenient justification to assume the case brought any focus on
Rallys needs. Our focus for his needs never changed before or after the trial. The only thing that changed was my Wife's heath I just hope you never have to experience the medical illness my Wife went
through. A cancer survivor who was a member of the jury hugged my Wife after
the trial and told her she understood what she went through!

I am a little confused how you are so knowledgeable on what really happened. I have never met
you and I do not remember you at the trial! It is amazing to me you think you
know everything about the situation with Rally! I have a feeling where you are
getting her information! It is transparent to me you have anointed yourself  as Ms. Gallaghers mouthpiece.

To set the record straight, none of my remarks were
defamatory in nature. They were never meant to be defamatory because we told
the truth. I will give you the last word since you know so much about our
family and the case. I will continue to allow the outcome of the trial speak
for itself. I strongly believe as in the trial the truth wins out

I can personally guarantee Ms. Gallagher will never have
access to our dog again. We will be much more careful about safeguarding our
dog when in the care of another individual.

I truly believe there were those that underestimated my
resolve in fighting for my family. This includes fighting for Rally since he is
a part of our family.  My kids learned never to give up. I will never forget the look of joy on their face
when they were reunited with their dog after two long years.

Again we continue to wish Ms. Gallagher all the best. We hope she continues to breed
great dogs. The fact we fought so hard for our dog should be a testament to the
kind of dogs her litters produced!

I hope you can move on too. If Ms Gallagher is so respected
in the vizsla community my posts will have no bearing on her reputation. For
any dog owners that read these posts please beware of placing blind trust in
anyone when leaving your dog for a short or long stay.

We simply want to make sure future owners safeguard their
pets by putting things in writing. It does not matter if they get a dog from
Ms. Gallagher or any other breeder. If these posts save one family from going through what we had to we
would consider it a success.

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Lisa - (Canada)

Everybody was concerned about Rally's welfare. Being concerned with Cathy's reputation, does not preclude being concerned with Rally's welfare. I am happy to read here that you are thankful to have him home and are making his needs a priority in your family life. Congratulations on his CD title. Vizsla's really do excel at obedience work and enjoy the interaction with their human companions that it entails. As for your most recent comments, in one breath you claim to wish Cathy well and never meant any of your numerous complaints/remarks to be defamatory. Then, in the next breath you try to imply that support for Cathy in the vizsla community isn't as rosy as I make it out to be. Please forgive me if point out that this seems somewhat disingenuous. I wasn't expecting you to wish Cathy well or to feel good about things, it's a very difficult situation, for everyone involved. But don't underestimate people's intelligence - your intent has been quite transparent. What I stated was that Cathy is well respected within the vizsla community and by her other puppy owners. This is a true statement and simple fact. Making this statement is not a personal attack against you or your family. If you did find support within the vizsla community I wouldn't begrudge you that. I would however wonder if that support was gained with full and unbiased disclosure of the events leading up to and surrounding this court case? In any case, the decision stands. You, your family and Cathy will all move forward from here having learned valuable lessons. My hope is that the focus that this case has brought to Rally and his needs will result in his being appreciated/cherished by your family for years to come.

A court ruling set the record straight

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Our family once again want to wish Ms. Gallagher all the best. The posts were never intended to be defamatory in nature. We were truthful and the evidence certainly showed this. Our only goal of the posts were to warn other consumers.

As far as the support within the vizsla community Lisa refers to I can say it is not as rosy as she would paint it. We had supporters from within and from outside the vizsla community. For those that are more concerned about Rally than protecting Ms. Gallaghers reputation we are happy to report Rally passed his Canine Good Citizen. Rally is and always was great around people and other dogs. There were claims being made that this was not the case.

We always had Rally's best interests in mind. This is why we spent considerable time, effort and money rehabilitating his right shoulder which was seriously damaged while he was out of our home. He was returned to us from Colorado with this severe shoulder damage and we spared no expense doing all we could to help him. We chose not to pursue legal action which we had the option of doing. Rally is able to run again without experiencing major pain as a result of our efforts.

He is happy, well adjusted and loving every minute back with the people who truly care about him. He is frankly a little spoiled but we are making up for lost time. I am happy to let others judge what Ms Gallagher did and what her intentions were.

Again please put things in writing when leaving your dog with a friend, a breeder or a day care facility. The courts consider your pet a object when it comes to civil matters. It does not matter to our judicial system that a pet is a part of a family and it can take years to get him or her back if there is a ownership dispute. Do not let what happened to us happen to anyone out there. A simple agreement on paper is all it takes.

Vizslas are great dogs to own as long as you give them considerable attention and exercise. Rally rewards us each day with his affection. He was worth all the stress, money, and time fighting for him. As I said in my earlier posts the truth always wins out in the long run.

Setting the record straight

Hello again,

Cathy's decision was concerned solely with Rally's welfare, not with hurting you or your family. Her supporters admire her integrity and determination to do what she believed to be the right thing. Your suggestion that she requested her supporters respond to you here on her behalf instead of responding personally simply isn't true. All one needs to do is type in Sienna Pointe Vizslas and up come numerous complaints filed on numerous complaint boards by you or members of your family. Naturally the many people who know Cathy personally feel the need to support her and attempt to mitigate any damage that you and your family have tried to inflict on her reputation (in a very concerted, public fashion). Cathy is very well respected within the Vizsla community and by her other puppy owners. We are not here to attack you or your family, we are only here to support Cathy understanding that there is another side to this situation.

Respectfully,

Lisa O

Court Cases are made for very good reasons

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Court cases are a result of resolving issues that cannot be resolved outside of court. A decision is made after carefully weighing all the facts. The facts in this case cannot be ignored. Lisa is correct in the fact Ms. Gallagher never contributed to this forum but if you look back at the dates of the entries they occurred at the same time. Her supporters did all the posts for her. Some of her supporters never really knew what really happened with Rally. Most never even met our family. Lisa does not comment on the court case because the reality is a jury of all dog owners confirmed what the facts were after carefully reviewing the evidence. They made the only decision they could based on real facts!

We are all passionate about our four legged companions. There is a lot of emotions when a dog becomes a part of a family. Unfortunately better judgement is put to the side when those emotions are allowed to get carried away. THe tremendous costs in this case could have been avoided if all the parties could have just sat down and found a sensible solution. We tried everything we could to do this. A civil case only goes the distance because one or more parties refuse to seek alternative and much cheaper solutions. In fact only 10 percent of all civil case actually reach a trial. This was one of the 10 percent.

There is no positive spin any of Ms. Gallaghers supporters can weave which can change the outcome of this case. We were found to be the rightful owners and we never breached the contract as we have been saying all along. There is also no denying that Rally is happy, well adjusted and loving every moment with his family. We only hope no family ever had to endure what ours had to and we are trying to get the message out that no matter how trusting you are of someone never allow that person access to your dog without clear concise written and legally enforced documentation which will prevent something like this from happening.

We were denied our dog for two long years. Think how you would feel if this happened to your family and promises were broken. Imagine trying to explain this to your young kids who wanted nothing more than their family member back with them. My kids learned valuable lessons about trust. the slow pace of our legal system and the most important lesson of all----- never giving up!

We wish Ms. Gallagher the best and only hope she honors all her contracts. It is the responsibility of dog owners to make sure they clearly understand the contract, the purpose of the AKC and making sure they do not put complete trust in anyone offering to take care of their dog. Put things in writing and your family will be spared the stress of having to deal with a family illness while trying to defend legal action which can add layers of additional stress to your family.

In support of Cathy Gallagher/Sienna Pointe

AUTHOR: Lisa - (Canada)

To all fellow Vizsla enthusiasts, in particular anyone considering adding a vizsla to their household.

If you have been perusing the posts here regarding the most unfortunate situation concerning Rally, I expect you are somewhat bemused.

Court case decisions are made for a variety of reasons, however, I'm not here to comment on the outcome of the court case, but rather to reiterate my support for Cathy Gallagher. I (among many people) know Cathy to be a principled, highly ethical person who takes her responsibility to her canine companions, the sweet puppies born of said canine companions and the future families associated with said puppies very seriously. She is not irrational, emotionally volatile or mean-spirited. To the contrary she is intelligent, warm, candid and most importantly the sort of person who will do the "right thing" as opposed to the "easy thing". Her professionalism was apparent to me in this forum in that not once did she engage Steve or his wife in debate over their posts, there was no attempt to defend herself against their accusations, no public counter attacks. She chose to handle this dispute in the appropriate legal forum.

I have known Cathy many years and I do own one of her beautiful, sweet Vizslas. Cathy goes above and beyond in her efforts to make the right match between her puppies and their prospective new families. She has an extensive interview process, performs comprehensive puppy temperament testing when the pups are 7 to 8wks old with another very experienced professional and yes, she also has a contract to try to protect her puppies and indeed their new families once the puppies are ready to go to their new homes. She is always available to help when questions/problems come up and her efforts go far beyond mere lip-service and last for the lifetime of your pet.

I am also familiar with Rally (a lovely sweet boy) and his history. In this case, Cathy thought she had made a good match and for reasons that have not been candidly discussed on this forum, the match was not working as anticipated. Cathy made a difficult choice to try to resolve the issues surroundings Rally and his welfare through legal channels. The court case took 2yrs to resolve and Cathy remained committed to her choice in the face of extremely high legal fees, defamation of character and significant emotional stress. She has endured this simply for the love of her dogs, her strong sense of responsibility/commitment to the puppies who are born to her breeding program and her absolute conviction that she was doing what was right for Rally. There was no other motive, no malicious intent and no other benefit to her.

If you are considering the addition of a vizsla to your household - please read all of the posts here carefully and draw your own conclusions. I for one couldn't recommend Cathy more highly. I am absolutely certain she can provide countless references from the many happy owners of her puppies. Many of us are returning customers and many of us have dual Sienna Pointe vizsla households. Cathy makes a concerted effort to keep in touch with her puppy owners and I'd go as far as to say the owners of her puppies have a community of sorts on account of her efforts and goodwill. I visited Cathy on several occasions, for several hours, had many, many email and phone conversations over a period of years before the right time and the right puppy match arrived for us. I regularly encountered Cathy giving her time/providing mentorship to and supporting other admirers of her wonderful dogs. On top of all this she is very active in the breed community. This is not a breed for everyone - Vizslas really are extremely sweet and sensitive dogs, they need stability and they crave companionship and close interaction with their owners in order to be confident and thrive. Cathy will do her utmost to make sure that the Vizsla is the right breed for you and that you are the right person for the breed.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Ms. Gallagher lost her legal action

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I am sure all of Sienna Pointe supporters will try to put a positive spin on a jury of all dog owners quickly determining that we were the rightful owners of our dog Rally! They also ruled we never violated any aspects of the contract. We told the truth and a court of law sided with us. After two long years our dog is finally back home with his family. He stays at home on my trips as my Wife has recovered from her illness. He is adjusted and happy and loves our kids. Please do not trust anyone with your dog unless you clearly have things put in writing. Unfortunately civil matters can take years to resolve. The civil courts see your dog as a possession much like a car or another item. The process can be difficult and extremely stressful. With all the medical situations we had to deal with, this legal action brought about by Sienna Pointe Vizsla added to our stress. We stood firm in our conviction and in the end the legal system came through for us. Those that knew us personally including our neighbors and friends never wavered in their support of us. Doug Milliron of Free Spirit Daycare in Lake In the Hills personally took care of Rally from time to time and was one of our biggest supporters. I would highly recommend his day care facility if you need to have someone look after your precious companion on your vacation or if you just want your dog socialized with other dogs. He witnessed our interaction with Rally and knew the truth about what really happened to our family. He is a caring compassionate individual who has tremendous ethics in pursuing his business in taking care of dogs. Our family would also like to give our many thanks to the jury members who stayed after the trial to congratulate our family. Their handshakes and hugs were well appreciated. THe look on our kids face the first time they were reunited with their dog made all this worth it. It truly warms my heart when our Son frequently puts his arms around Rally and tells him how much he loves him. Finally we want to thank our kids Steven, Julia and Eric for never allowing us to give up and reminding us that Rally was our dog and no one had the right to take him away from our family.

Donna - this is rather a vague accusation, also somewhat convenient....

Donna,

This is a rather vague accusation and you must admit it does appear somewhat convenient that you are the only person besides Steve who has had a negative experience (with no particulars provided to substantiate your claim) and that you just happen to have stumbled across this complaint shortly after it was posted (very serendipitous) and it is also very coincidental that you just happen to be posting from Algonquin where Steve the original complainant happens to reside. Was this your own puppy? When was he or she born? What's his or her name? Who are the sire and Dam? What did Cathy and Larry do that you found to be concerning? Did you discuss your concerns with Cathy or Larry?

Lisa O.

I AM DONNA....sorry, no fraud here

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

My name is DONNA (middle name). My family was sold a puppy from this breeder quite awhile ago. We did NOT live in Algonquin at the time but are temporarily living here in Algonquin with relatives. We've been unsatisfied and suspicious of this breeder ourselves, have NOT had a positive experience, so we've distanced ourselves from the breeder. My family and i would definitely second the thought to BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY before doing any business! -Donna

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I just spoke with Cathy and she has only sold one puppy to a family in Algonquin, and that's Steve's family. If Donna has moved recently and is truly a former customer of Cathy's, then I ask that she identify herself as such. What litter did her puppy come from?

What has Cathy done that forced you to cut off all ties? Enlighten everyone.

But you're all the same people.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

So it really doesn't matter. Go to a newspaper with your alleged 'inside information' and have them investigate and print the 'story' if it's true. Post the paper you went to and who you contacted so it can be verified. Surely a 'story' of this magnitude is media worthy right?

REBUTTAL -- NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

We, too, have had very negative experiences with Ms. Gallagher and have since cut off all ties with her and her company.....BUYER BEWARE!!!!

#21 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Only positive experiences with Sienna Pointe Vizslas

AUTHOR: Danvillemikek - (U.S.A.)

I don't honestly have a lot to say here, as we live out of state. We don't get to visit much as we are 5 hours away. We got our dog 2 years ago, and we have had no negatives. Cathy kept in touch with us as our Cooper was settling in, and we get calls every year on his birthday. I can't imaging having a better experience.

We stand with Cathy!

AUTHOR: Diane - (U.S.A.)

We are proud owners of a wonderful Vizsla, Wrigley, purchased from Cathy Gallagher in October, 2005. Cathy is one of the most loving, caring people I have ever met. We live in South Florida and have kept a very close relationship with Cathy, seeing her several times over the years as she is always concerned about her puppies, making sure they are well and properly cared for long after they have left her home. You can see see her love and concern for her dogs, just by browsing through her website.

Right from the beginning, our experience with Cathy and the entire process of acquiring Wrigley, has been nothing short of awesome! It upsets us terribly to hear someone accusing Cathy of anything other than loving and caring for the beautiful little Vizslas she brings into the world. It is hard to put into words the pure joy Wrigley has brought our family. We are thankful to Cathy for her careful breeding and loving environment and hope many more families will be able to share in the wonderful experience of owning one of her dogs.

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I currently own a dog I purchased from Cathy Gallagher and Sienna Pointe Vizslas. I am from out of state and researched many Vizsla breeders before deciding to purchase from Cathy. I even made an in-home visit where Cathy let me stay at her house for 4 days. I was able to see her care and compassion for the dogs, puppies, and future as well as current puppy owners. I met several of her friends who also highly regard her. During my puppy purchase and after I have found her to be a person of utmost integrity and honesty. She is truly concerned about the dogs getting into the best family and assisting the family in making the experience a positive one for everyone involved. I have also met Rally just after he was given back to Cathy because of the unrest in the Bellafontaine family. Rally was extremely nervous and looked very starved for attention. He did not know how to be a dog and in fact, bit my 9 month old puppy in the face, (unprovoked). I have met the family he is currently staying with and they are extremely well qualified to rehabilitate Rally. From what I've seen, Rally has come full circle since leaving the unstable environment of the Bellefontaines. Please don't let Steve's comments sway you away from researching Sienna Pointe Vizslas. Her dogs temperament is excellent and her willingness to assist new owners goes far beyond the normal breeder. I highly recommend her and I will buy another dog from her again!
Michelle

AUTHOR: Lisa - (Canada)

Having noted two additional complaints filed by the same person regarding the same subject matter I feel that I must post my rebuttal to each complaint.

I am so sorry to find this report regarding Cathy and Larry, two people who I know to be very nice and very reasonable. They are without a doubt extremely conscientious, ethical Vizsla breeders. They not only breed wonderful, sweet, happy, healthy Vizslas, they are actively and intensively involved with the breed (showing, obedience, agility, field etc), they also take the time to be available to and involved with their puppy owners throughout their canine companion's life time.
My husband and I have both owned dogs previously and have known dog, cat and horse breeders. My husband is quite serious about dog training, I used to work as a veterinary technician and I used to breed and show cats many years ago. We had the good fortune to meet Cathy early in our research on vizsla's and our search for the right breeder. She knew we were just in our initial research stages but welcomed us to her home to meet her canine family and spent a good deal of time answering our many questions and letting us play with all her dogs. During the next 2 years we chatted and emailed on a regular basis and we returned to visit with Cathy, Larry and the Vizslas periodically. We were both very impressed with how evident Cathy and Larry's dedication and care for their dogs and breeding program was. The dogs were beautiful, sweet, well adjusted and lived underfoot with Cathy and Larry in their home. The house and large yard were clean as were their beautiful, healthy dogs. They also made a point of engaging all of their dogs in regular activities to keep them happy and well adjusted whether it be showing, obedience, agility, field work. It was obvious to us (having had much experience in these matters) that they were exactly the sort of breeders we wanted to deal with. Finally we were ready for a puppy! Cathy & Larry went out of their way to make sure not only that we were a good match for the vizsla breed and vice versa but also took the trouble to make sure that they made a good match between us and the puppy (I had a particular disposition I felt would work best for us and we were willing to wait for the right puppy). They were both very candid and available throughout the entire process and continue to be so to this day. Our Sienna Pointe Vizsla boy is now 2yrs old and we still communicate with Cathy on a regular basis.
I am familiar with Rally from back in the early days when he was just a wee pup, and I do recall several periods of time when he was in Cathy and Larry's care. I was considering a second vizsla and I must admit I did seriously contemplate offering Rally a home if things didn't work out for Rally and your family. Please understand, at no time did Cathy or Larry say anything negative about you or your family or the reason Rally was with them so much. It was just a quiet observation I made to myself based on the amount of time he was apart from your family.
We have only had the most positive of experiences with Cathy and Larry from long before our puppy arrived to the current date and we will definitely go to them for another vizsla. We have recommended them without hesitation to the many people who have complimented us on our vizsla. It's very difficult to imagine how the circumstances described in this report might have transpired given our experience with Cathy and Larry. One thing is certain, they must sincerely believe that the position they have taken is right and necessary, as I'm sure you do too. However, not knowing all the details, I'll leave it at this, life is short, look into your heart and do what's right for your family and for Rally. Keep in mind that sometimes what we want is not necessarily what's right.

With sincere wishes that you are able to reconcile your differences amicably and quickly.

Lisa O.

Passion and Compassion Best Describes Sienna Pointe / Highly Recommended

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

The Gallagher's are extremely passionate about the Vizsla breed and compassionate for each dog's well being at all times - caring for them as puppies, home assignment process and on-going long-term living environment. Anyone who knows anything about Vizslas knows that they are a highly energetic, eager-to-please breed that are very sensitive to their surrounding as well as training techniques. From personal experience, I can say that I have been most impressed with the Gallagher's personally and professionally. I have never seen two people that are more loving and caring towards their dogs. Their patience and approach towards anything that has to do with their Vizslas is thorough and positive...frankly, it's a model that all breeders should follow. Cathy has always been there for me anytime I have a question about diet, training techniques and vet care. The Gallagher's have even taken my dog into their home for a week while I went out of town instead of me leaving her at a kennel/boarding facility. This act of kindness demonstrates they are always willing to do or help out in a manner in which is best for a Sienna Pointe Vizsla. Every Vizsla I will ever own will come from Sienna Pointe. It is my opinion that the Gallagher's know what's best for these dogs with intentions built on a solid foundation of ethical and moral standards. I highly recommend owning a Vizsla from Sienna Pointe - you will be both impressed with their breeding qualifications and privileged to deal with the Gallagher's.

Sienna Pointe Vizslas are among the finest breeders that exist.

AUTHOR: Hallie - (U.S.A.)

Sienna Pointe Vizslas are among the finest breeders that exist.
Cathy Gallagher has a love and passion for her dogs, and the Vizsla breed, that transcends the sales transaction/contractual" method of purchasing a dog that Steve indicates in his post. Her love for her dogs is evidenced by the fact that she refuses to give this dog back. In fact, this story actually paints Cathy as the reputable, loving and professional breeder that she is. I would hesitate to purchase a dog from a breeder who would give a dog back to a family that clearly isn't ready for the commitment, attention and responsibility that a dog demands.

I spoke to numerous breeders in my quest to learn about the Vizsla breed, and I was thoroughly impressed by Cathy's knowledge about Vizslas and the care that she took in breeding healthy, happy, and well-adjusted dogs. After learning about the breed, I made the decision to purchase a Vizsla and was thrilled to get a Sienna Pointe dog. Over the course of the last four years, Cathy has been a tremendous resource. Her relationship with all Sienna Pointe dogs and their families is life long and doesn't just end the instance you hand over a check or sign a contract.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cathy to others who are interested in a Vizsla, and I certainly plan on getting my second Vizsla from Cathy.

AUTHOR: Doug - (U.S.A.)

I cannot believe that I have to read the negative posts against Cathy Gallagher and Sienna Pointe Vizslas. I bought a pup from Cathy about a year ago and found her to be someone of incredible integrity. I searched the area for breeders and decided on Sienna Pointe based on Cathy's demeanor and dedication to the Vizsla Breed. Prior to being placed on the puppy waiting list, she investigated our family situation in the same manner that we investigated her breeding practices. We had multiple phone conversations and she even requested that our family visit her house so that we could get to know each other. This confirms her dedication to the breed and the well being of all the puppies she places in suitable homes. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that I knew was seeking a reputable Vizsla breeder. Cathy is an incredible person with one of the biggest hearts of anyone that I have ever met.

AUTHOR: Doug - (U.S.A.)

There is NO merit to this report

AUTHOR: Chad Dohlen - (U.S.A.)

We found Cathy after investigating many many breeders. Some wanted us to send the money after viewing a picture but not Cathyshe put us through a very thorough process to get to know us and for us to get to know her and her high standards. She required us to spend time with the dogs and puppies to make sure we would be a good fit as owners. She makes herself available every time we need something or have questions. She did a very thorough temperament testing to make sure we were the right match for the puppy as well. She continues to check in with us to make sure we are doing ok and taking great care of Bella. We are so lucky to have such a great dog and we owe that to Cathy and her high standards. I would never hesitative to recommend Cathy and Sienna Pointe Vizslas to anyone.

nice try

AUTHOR: Lm - (U.S.A.)

Nice try. It took me over 2 years to find a breeder that I was comfortable working with. Not because I'm a total dog nut, but because I think there's a lot more to puppy breeding and raising than most breeders ever care to commit to- let alone planned socialization and being whelped in a loving environment/home is a huge plus. Cathy's professionalism was above and beyond- from flying out WITH the dog (which is really unheard of as far as breeders go), to the occasional check in on my dog's health and well being, as a breeder I've recommended her time and time again, and would continue to do so.

110% Satisfied Customer of Sienna Pointe Vizslas

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I am writing to express my STRONG support of Sienna Pointe Vizlas and Cathy Gallagher, who is one of the most dedicated, passionate, and ABOVE ALL ethical breeder and protector of Vizslas -- and renowned in the State of Illinois for that well-earned reputation.

I have a beautiful, 4-year old Viszla from Sienna Pointe and I have consistently -- and without question -- experienced nothing but passionate support, guidance, and unbelievable dedication from Cathy from the moment we met as part of my vetting of numerous Vizsla breeders.

Everyone I know who knows Cathy says the same things about her: She's a dedicated soul, a lover of the breed, WAAY more than "just a breeder", and someone who looks after the well being of puppies from her litters and cares for their development long after they've left her premises. In the early days and months of having my puppy 4 years ago, I relied heavily on Cathy's wisdom and practical common sense. She was also very kind in taking my puppy twice while I had to be out of town for a week at a time on both occasions; she did so without expectation of or acceptance of payment, but more because she loves and cares for her dogs -- and helps to accommodate them settling in their new homes.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I know my experience and history with Cathy is widely --- WIDELY --- shared by the many folks who she has helped welcome into the Vizsla community in Illinois and across the country. She is a joy, a supreme professional, and someone any dog -- VIZSLA or ANY BREED -- should have in his/her corner.

As I write this, I am about to take my lovely dog out for a walk on a beautiful early evening. And as I do every single day, I will thank my lucky stars that I met Cathy Gallagher!

Happy with Sienna Points Experience

AUTHOR: Sully - (U.S.A.)

I don't wish to comment on the legal issues surrounding the particular complaint since I know very little about it. However, I would like to say that I bought a puppy from Sienna Pointe about two years (maybe from the same litter as Rally) and could not have been happier with the experience -- or the relationship since.

I was a newbie to Vizslas and dog owning and I agonized about the breed and the changes to my life that having a new member of the family would bring. Cathy was extremely patient with me and answered all my questions and did so honestly. I could tell immediately that she was committed to placing her dogs in good homes. I felt I was being assessed as much as I was assessing her puppies. This speaks to her conscientiousness as a breeder. She took the time to get to know me, prepare me for the responsibilities, and did a fantastic job of matching me with the right puppy.

I am just so pleased with my experience that I felt moved to weigh in. From what I know about Cathy and Sienna Pointe this unfortunate episode is probably tearing her up because she is so committed to doing a good job as a breeder. I suspect she feels awful that things didn't work in this instance, but also feels obligated to do what she feels is best for the dog. So add my endorsement to all the others here. With this many happy (and supportive) customers she must be doing something right!

Cathy Gallager/Seinna Point is outstanding! Viszlas

AUTHOR: Tom Largus - (U.S.A.)

My wife and I had the pleasure of dealing with Kathy 4 years ago when we got our puppy. She came very highly recommended by our Vet, who has 2 Vizslas and shows them. She was outstanding. I'm 53 and have had dogs my entire life and have never had a dog like our Buffett. There is no doubt in my mind that part of that is because of Kathy's breeding principles and the fact that that she truley loves the puppies that she breeds. We feel like we're part of an extended family. On many occasions she has been there for us when we had questions and continues to be concerned about the well being of her puppies. I would recommend her to any one looking for a Vizsla.

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

I have come to the conclusion that this did not make it through the mods for some reason as yet ANOTHER report came up submitted and modified long after I sent mine in so if it comes up twice I apologize. I'll include the link at the end with the other.
Why post another one with almost no details (not that all details were revealed in the first but enough it seems, or maybe too many...)? Why not explain or respond to the points and questions on the first one you filed in which people seem to have descended en masse to defend this breeder? The fact that you choose this instead says much I think. This breeder is acting in the best interest of Rally it appears while you were and ARE not. Not to mention the other points made about your story not seeming to be reasonable. While the site does not give her contract in detail it does CLEARLY say that part of the contract is that it is expected if at any time you are unable to care for your pup they will take responsibility for the pup. In your other report you CLEARLY say; He became part of our family but we could not care for him because my Wife had serious medical issues and I severley laserated two of my fingers in a circular saw accident.
Wouldn't that apply? YOU said you could not care for the dog (both at this point when you injured your hand AND you appear to have had to travel much and your wife was apparently unable to handle this type of active dog while you were away which resulted in an apparent extreme lack of stability for this extremely sensitive breed . Anyone knowing anything about Vizsla's will be aware the situation you yourself describe would be detrimental to the well being of Rally (and again a possible violation of the original contract you state as this breeder appears to be EXACTLY the sort people want to get a puppy from). You do not make SENSE as you have left things explained and frankly, I do not see how you could once the details are taken into account. Aside from the fact that you state you could not care for Rally yourself which may be a violation of said purchase contract you fail to mention that you left the dog in someone else's care for several months and as you have not addressed compensation it gives the impression you could not care for Rally and relinquished ownership. You chose not to respond to the comments on the other report you filed and filed another with less incriminating details it seems.
Anyone reading this need only visit the other (so far apparently) report and maybe even this breeder's site and use a bit of common sense maybe to get a MUCH clearer picture: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/439/RipOff0439696.htm

Great experience with Sienna Pointe Vizslas

AUTHOR: Jackson - (U.S.A.)

We bought our male vizsla from Sienna Pointe Vizslas in the spring of 2007. Cathy is a wonderful breeder who cares about her dogs and the families that the dogs join. Our dog went missing 1 year after we got him and the support that Cathy gave in trying to help us find our dog was endless. We will definitely buy another dog from Sienna Pointe Vizsla's when we are ready.

Outstanding Breeder

AUTHOR: Dan L. - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a puppy from Cathy Gallagher of Sienna Pointe Vizslas in the summer of 2006. My experience with Ms. Gallagher was extremely positive. From the time we worked through making sure a Vizsla puppy was right for my family, to the actual purchase and the subsequent communications after receiving our puppy, I have nothing but great things to say about my experience. The manner in which Ms. Gallagher conducts herself goes well beyond the financial terms of a transaction. Her dedication to her clients and to the dogs is without parallel. It is obvious in my dealings with Ms. Gallagher that she has a tremendous passion for what she does. It is also obvious from my dealings with her that the most important concern to her is the well-being of each of dog as well as the families to which the dogs are placed.

AUTHOR: Lauren Nyc - (U.S.A.)

My dog Libby is a Sienna Pointe Vizsla and I would most highly recommend doing business with Cathy Gallagher - Cathy breeds wonderful dogs and goes above and beyond to assess the "fit" of a home for each puppy before placing them. We live in New York City so it was very important that our dog could handle all the noises and people and distractions of daily life. Libby not only handled these things easily but she is friendly and social with people and other dogs - we get compliments on her nearly every single day and could not be happier with our choice to get her from Sienna Pointe. Cathy has remained available and responsive to any questions we have had along the way related to veterinary care, training and sharing stories.

Before we got Libby, my husband and I had to fill out a detailed questionnaire that covered lifestyle, background, discipline and obedience. Cathy's utmost concern is for the well-being of her dogs and she makes this very clear in the contract she asks all prospective owners to sign. Cathy does her best to make sure that you are educated about the needs of vizslas before you bring your dog home, and offers to take the dog back if for any reason things don't work out.

If you are capable of properly caring for a dog and hold up your end of the bargain, you will have a wonderful experience working with Cathy and Sienna Pointe Vizslas. This is the best dog we have ever had and we will do business with Cathy aagain!