Complaint Review: Sights on Service/ Secret Shopper

• Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: J.B. — Chicago Illinois united states
Sights on Service/ Secret Shopper
620 Mendelssohn Ave N Internet United States of America

Sights on Service/ Secret Shopper Refuses to reimburse bank fee after issuing outdated check for services rendered, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Check issuing policy

I have worked as a mystery shopper for this company since 2005/2006. They issued me a check for $23.12 (for what I thought were recent services provided) and I deposited it. When I checked my bank account, the check had been returned due to having a date of August 2006! I immediately called them and told them what happened. I was told by Liz B. that it was not their fault that they sent this outdated check and that they were not going to pay the return fee. I was also told that it was the post office's fault for delivering it late and that you hear about this all the time with "war stores". I had no idea what she was talking about and asked to speak to a manager. I was told I could not speak to one and that they were not going to change their mind about not paying the return fee. I then hung up and called their main number. I did not tell the receptionist my name or situation, just that I wanted to speak to the owner. I was of course refused and told that the owner and supervisor were aware of the siutation and they were not going to do anything about it.  I then asked for the owner's name so I could write a letter, since they were to cowarldy to get on the phone and resolve the situation in a professional and fair manner. AGAIN, I was told that I could not get the owner's name and they felt uncomfortable doing so. THEN, I asked for the mailing address so I could write a letter, AGAIN, I was told they were uncomfortable giving out that information (their mailing address is on their freakin site, but I just didn't feel like looking it up at that moment). THEN, I was told that they were uncomfortable having the conversation with me and HUNG the phone. Who in the hell runs a business like this, refuses to give you public information and tells you they don't want to deal with your siutation so they hang up on you??? BEYOND UNPROFESSIONAL and very coaward -like behavior! Not someone a mystery shopper or client/business wants to do business with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sights-on-Service-Secret-Shopper/internet/Sights-on-Service-Secret-Shopper-Refuses-to-reimburse-bank-fee-after-issuing-outdated-che-747966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sights on Service/ Secret Shopper

Check issuing policy

AUTHOR: Secretshopper.com - (U.S.A.)

Dear Ms. Bridges,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced.  As was stated during the
telephone conversation, once the banks returned check image has been sent to
our office, a check will be re-issued for the original amount of $23.12.  As noted on all checks issued from Sights on Service, it was void after 60 days. Sights on Service cannot be held liable for payments delayed in delivery by the U.S. Postal Service, nor for the fees assessed by your bank for cashing a check dated nearly five years prior.

Please send the returned-check image provided by the bank to the following address.  A
check will be re-issued for $23.12 only once that has been received.

Sights on Service