Complaint Review: Sign Source

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Renee — Stony Creek Virginia United States of America
Sign Source
19305 Varanda Lane Coloniel Heights, Virginia United States of America

Sign Source Gino Scarpa Unkept Promises, Too many Excuses Coloniel Heights,Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mistake Made On Her Behalf

Some months ago I needed some parking signs done for my church and after searching I decided to go with Sign Source to do the signs. I talked to Mr. Scrapa on a regular basis and the signs were done. However, when I showed the signs to my Apostle he informed me that there was a mistake (on my part) and ask Mr. Scarpa if he could fix them. I contacted Mr. Scarpa once again and he agreed to fix the signs. At this time the signs had already been paid for in full. Mr. Scarpa asked if he could have a little extra time because he had to orer the backing for the signs and I agreed to that. In about 6-8 weeks I contact Mr. Scarpa back and he once again siad that he did not have the backing for the signs.

So I waited another 4 weeks and contacted him again and received no response. So I emailed him and still no response. So, I paid a visit to his house where he runs the business from and I spoke with this girlfriend. She called him on the phone because he was not home and told him I was there to pick up the signs and he said he would have them done by the weekend. The weekend came and no call from Mr. Scarpa and no signs either. I went back to the house and his girlfriend and he was there. He still did not have the signs done and told me they were not done because he took on another job. The girlfriend gave me her cell number. After going on vacation and coming back, once again I called him and emailed him and got no response. I called the girlfriend's cell phone number she gave to me and the number was disconnected.

This is poor business ethics and I am furious that my church leaders do not have the signs for their parking spaces that they should have had and that I took the full payment out of my pocket. This behavior for a business man will not be tolerated and then for him to take on another job when he has not finished the one that he promised he would fix.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2011 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sign-Source/Coloniel-Heights-Virginia-23834/Sign-Source-Gino-Scarpa-Unkept-Promises-Too-many-Excuses-Coloniel-HeightsVirginia-785505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sign Source

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mistake Made On Her Behalf

AUTHOR: gino - (United States of America)

The customer provided the wrong text for the sign.  I never agreed to re-letter the signs.