Complaint Review: Signarama

• Updated: Wed, January 15, 2014

• Reported By:DELAND Florida
Signarama
signarama.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Complaint Review: Signarama | Notice: Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Decision: A neutral and independent Arbitrator has determined that the following Report contained one or more false statements of facts. The false statements have been redacted as ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)) | Furthermore, the Arbitrator found that that the Author is not a former franchisee of SIGNARAMA. | Signarama BS Franchise Opportunity ripoff ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)) Steal Cheat to get your money Nationwide

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: These are common sales pitch lines from sign a rama, and who exactly wrote this testomonial?

*Consumer Comment: Current Sign A Rama Owner

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: JIM TATEM ESCAPE ARTIST!!!

*Consumer Comment: consumer be ware

*UPDATE Employee: Yes it is true, signarama is a SCAM

RIPOFF REPORT VIP ARBITRATION

SUMMARY OF ARBITRATOR’S DECISION

SIGNARAMA, Inc., Complainant

v.

Anonymous, Author of Report #122897,

________________________________________________________________________

Complainant Signarama, Inc. (the “Complainant”) has challenged the truthfulness of certain specific statements (each, a “Statement”) posted by Author Anonymous (the “Author”) on the Ripoff Report website at www.ripoffreport.com as Ripoff Report #122897 (the “Report”). The Author accused the Complainant of misleading the Author about serving as a franchise. The Complainant denied all such allegations. The Author did not submit a response to the Complainant or any contact information. Therefore, in accordance with the Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Rules (the “Rules), the Author waived their right to participate in this Arbitration. By submitting a Report and a Complaint on the Ripoff Report websites, both the Complainant and the Author have agreed to submit the dispute to the Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration Program.

In accordance with the Rules, the Arbitrator was asked to decide whether the challenged Statements were an opinion or a fact. If, and only if, the Statement was determined to be a statement of fact, the Arbitrator was asked to further decided if, by a preponderance of the evidence, to determine if the Statement was true or false. If the statement identified by the Complainant is determined to be an opinion, no determination will be made as to that particular Statement because an opinion cannot be determined to be true nor false.

In this case, the Arbitrator had only the evidence submitted by the Complainant to consider. The evidence submitted included Ripoff Report #122897, Complainant’s Arbitration Statement, Complainant’s Witness Statements, and supporting documentation.

Each Statement challenged by the Complainant has been considered, together with any Witness Statements and Documents provided by the Complainant for determination of the truth or falsity of the Statement. The Author did not provide a response to the Complaint.

The Arbitrator determined that the certain statements challenged in the Report were false. Therefore, according to the VIP Arbitration Rules, those statements have been redacted.

Decided January 13, 2014

Bruce E. Meyerson, Arbitrator

* A copy of the full Arbitrator’s Decision is available upon request. Please e-mail arbitration@ripoffreport.com with the name of the Complainant and Report number.

________________________________________________________________________

((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))

(this will all make sense in a minute). Wow, great brochure and sales pitch. The salesmanship is out of this world!!. Brochures, videos, stars and stripes everywhere. $ 40 grand, to get your foot in the door, must be a respectable franchise, that's not pocket change. Financing available, OAC. Jump in with both feet gets you for about $140 grand, and change. WOW, too good to be true, no salesmanship requires, training available, and financing, OAC, perfect!!!!.

Well, now take away all the fanfare after the check or financing clears. What do you have? Good ole American debt. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)), he can dodge more phoned calls than Lee Iacoka did in the day. Look all I'm saying here is, this is such a bogus idea, and ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). Anyone thinking about dropping the $$ on this, please send it to me, I will sign my Franchise over to you. Don't do itDon't be an enabler.

Max
DELAND, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2004 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Signarama/nationwide/Complaint-Review-Signarama-Notice-Ripoff-Report-VIP-Arbitration-Decision-A-neutral-an-122897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Signarama

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Sign a rama and their parent company Minuteman Press were found guilty of false earning claimes by the ftc and fined millions, it actually set legal presidence. I would defy you to spend more than an hour with either and not hear the same lies or for that matter that line about how everybody needs a sign, by the way if you see a sign they already have one and don't need another. This comment is fairly suspect as no name or city is listed for verification, my advise is call former owners in their offering circular and as many stores as you can they haven't talked about, ask how many stores they have closed or resold in the last 3 years, and get a specific answer...they do know that number. if you hear an earning claim contact the Federal Trade Commission and let them know that the spanking didn't work.

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

I could not disagree with the statements made here. I am a current Signarama Franchise owner and I am doing quite well. As a matter a fact I bought a franchise from an individual that was failing and building up debt. His Sales were less than 190K/yr., this will bring you to the poor house quick. Three years later my sign shop is doing over 1 million/yr. I make a very comfortable living and we are building a 9500 sq foot facility this year.

The point is, any business is what you make of it. I cannot defend the franchisor before 2001 but since 2001 the franchisor has been very forthcoming and honest.

My personal experience with unsatisfied Signarama owners is that they were lacking in the proper skills to run a small business. People think you can buy a franchise and you'll make a ton of money. Let me tell you, I work 60 hr weeks and have plenty of headaches, but for the right individual THERE'S NOTHING LIKE BEING YOUR OWN BOSS.

One last thing, drive down the street, almost any street, and count how many signs you see! Every business needs signs.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

JIM TATEM ESCAPE ARTIST!!!

AUTHOR: Samuel - (U.S.A.)

After all the hoopla this business is nothing more than a great way to lose money. My debt, I mean investment, started out as $40,000 and then ballooned up to about $100,000. That wouldn't be so bad if I was making a living with these guys. They gave me some useless training and even helped me find a place for my business. I hung out my shingle and nothing happened. I can't keep this store open anymore. I can't get anyone at Sign-a-Rama to call me back. I've been trying to get a hold of Jim Tatem for months with zero results.

consumer be ware

AUTHOR: Softa - (U.S.A.)

sign a ram has been ripping off people since 1995.this company has been sued numerous times and has lost a 3 million dollar suit. it parent company minuteman press is as fraudulent as sign a rama and has been reported in the ripoff report too. all they care is take the people money. i thought of buing into this franchise and met with their mass vp of sales and when he took me to a chosen store instead to the 2 i thought i would visit i smelled a swamp. i visited them myself and heard horror stories. they prie on the people who are out of a job and are desperate but the key is that they have money in their savings, a house that they can remorgage and or a retirement account. they see your financial situation before they accept you into their so called family. no money no store they decline you. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)).

Yes it is true, signarama is a SCAM

AUTHOR: Lost$ - (U.S.A.)

Don't be fooled by the ad's signarama puts out there. The $40,000 turns into more of $140,000 after getting a lease and everything needed to runt his business. Trust me, I know I had a signarama store for 11 months. I signed in after talking to Jim Tatem. He was the rep I spoke to initially, before I spoke to everyone's voicemail. What I mean by that is, ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration))!

Well, I went through all the training, and set up shop, hired on a guy to help me run things, and trained him. Finally, after 2 months of set up I opened shop. signarama picked the area for me, told me their experts pick it, well I didn't have 1 person walk in to my show for 18 days. Finally, some business came in, but apparently I was not trained right, because I could not run the machines, or make a decent looking sign. How odd I thought. I tried and tried, put my customers off for a few days, called in for support, and got a call back in 2 DAYS. By then my customers had their $ refunded and I was lost. I kept calling in for help over the next several months, but got poor assistance. I had about 9 more customers in the next 3 months, so I knew I was doing something worng. ((Statement REDACTED as false pursuant to Ripoff Report VIP Arbitration)). So I was stuck, I called Jim Tatem and emailed him, nothing. No response. I tried Nick Bruckner - Sr VP of Sales, and Gary Lengel - Exec VP. They all said the same thing, No one else seems to have this problem That was all the information I needed to know this was a scam to get my $$. Now I am down and out, and sewing signarama. So, anyone reading this should know to stay awar from signarama. Huge scam.